Superior Genetics

Chapter 98

Thursday, May 30, 2014

6:37 am

(Ivan's POV)

My chest exploded with pain as my body dipped down in between the bars. I gripped the bars tightly as my arms gave out, I fell through the bars and let go. The sweat in my hair brought my hair down onto my eyes, I winced and wiped the hair out of my eyes. I groaned as the soreness going across my chest and down the back part of my arms trembled. I leaned against the E-shaped machine as a box appeared in my face.

Thanks to working out your Triceps and Chest to failure, you have gained +50 Str!

Str: 306 + 50 = 356

I gasped for and slowly began to control my breathing. My mom looked down at me and handed me two thirty-five pound dumbbells. I looked at her with wide eyes. 

"I'll give you five minutes for a break. Then we'll workout biceps and back."

5:00 am

(Michael's POV)

I walked through the camp looking for a glimpse of monsters hiding beneath the ruble. I put my wooden weapon over my shoulder and looked off into the distance. I saw hordes of Shikome patrolling the edges of the now dirt cabins. I heard something scratch the wooden ruble next to me.  The pattering of paws running against the wood made my body quickly turn towards the noise and drop my weapon. I brought my hands together and formed a couple of signs with my hands. I winced in pain as the friction of my fingers ripped tiny pieces of skin off my hands. Sparks flew out of my hands as a brown Fūri flew out from beneath the ruble. A quick beam of electricity flew straight towards the Fūri's stomach. The beam easily ripped through its stomach. 

The Fūri fell to the ground. I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I picked up my weapon. I felt the dark circles under my eyes puff up as I looked at the Shikome watched the dirt cabins. I reached into my pockets and took out a pen and notepad. 

Group of Shikome - Now closer than before, have to keep eye on group.

I quickly put the notepad and pen into my pockets, I nervously watched the group of Shikome tilt their heads with curiosity. Maybe I should deal with them now. The way they're looking at the cabins probably means they're going to attack soon. My eyes quickly widened as they suddenly sprinted into the camp. I sprinted towards the group, I breathed in deep through my nose and breathed out through my mouth. My legs ached as I put all my strength into my legs, my foot slid against the gravel as I quickly turned left towards the group of the Shikome. I bent my knees as I stopped, my feet slid a few inches after I stopped. The group of Shikome turned towards me. I jumped back and put my weapon under my armpit. 

Before they could charge at me, I brought my hands together and raised my hands towards my mouth. Three balls of fire flew out of my mouth and landed on the ground. A line of fire corresponding with each fire ball quickly traveled towards the Shikome. I tensed my legs and rushed towards the group as they tried dodging the fire. I chased one of the Shikome to my leg and charged my magic into my arms, I quickly slammed my weapon into the Shikome's side, the monster screeched. I used the momentum from my first swing and bent my knees slightly; I aimed my weapon at the Yokai's legs. The monster fell to the ground as the fire caught up to the Shikome. I turned my head towards the group of Shikome. 

Most of the Shikome were resting on the roofs while trying to get away from the fire. I took a deep breath and brought my fingers together. I felt a surge of electricity flow through my body and gather at my finger tips, I aim my nail at the Shikome and fire a bolt of energy at the monsters. One beam of electricity went straight through a Shikome's head, the other two jumped away at the last second. The Shikome on my left slipped from the roof in the attempt to escape my attack, I twirl my weapon in my hands and quickly brought down the weapon with all my strength onto the Shikome, the monster screeched in pain as I brought my weapon over my head. Before I could attack its head the other Shikome lunged at me with its nails aimed at my neck.  I felt a sting of pain prick at my neck, I jumped away just in time to dodge the nail from going inside my neck.