The Beginning Part 2

Chapter 2

Sunday December 2, 2012

8:38 am

(Third person limited POV)

Waking up not feeling the need for sleep he got up. 'What should I do today?' He walked towards the door and noticed that in the upper left part of his vision he can see two bars. One was red and the other was blue. Quickly remembering what happened last night he started to panic. In just a few seconds he started to calm down. He knew he should be worried about his mental health, but for some reason he quickly got used to it.

'Okay okay, first what the hell. Second, why Am I not panicking? I thought last night was a dream!' He thought harder about last night and remembered the perk Gamer's mind was the cause of him not panicking. Deciding to just accept, still not comfortable with him seeing bars in the corner of his vision. He went downstairs only to find his house uncomfortably quiet. Usually there would be yelling or his stepdad putting the TV too loud.

He looked around for his blue hoodie that he usually wore and found it on the couch, after he found the hoodie, he walked out the door and made his way to the library. In middle of his trip to the library to hopefully think over his life becoming a video game he heard a loud thump across the street in an alleyway. When he looked over, he saw what could only be described as one of most scarring things someone could see in their life. What he saw? It was a figure with rotting skin like what he would imagine what a zombie would like, hell you could even see some bone! The figure had one eye socket, tusks, and horns coming out the top at his head. The monster stood at least 7 feet tall. When Ivan looked at what the figure was holding, he saw that he was holding a club with spikes that were at least five inches long and 3 inches wide.

The rotting corpse was using his club to beat something. On the third time of the corpse bringing his club up and down he heard a faint meow. Terrified to see what he was watching, his legs started to shake. He let out a gasp when he saw the monster pick up a cat that looked like it was run over. Blood was coming out the cuts that the club made. The monster brought the cat up to his lips and in a matter of seconds he took a big chunk out of the cat. Seeing what the monster did to the animal he wanted to run, but for some reason, his legs refused to move.

He looked around in case anyone else was seeing this, but only found that no one was paying attention to the scene that was happening beside them. "What the hell is going on here?" The monster suddenly stopped the rest of the cat and turned his head. Once the monster saw him the monster dropped the cat and started to walk towards him. Feeling Gamer's mind doing its job his legs stopped shaking and a box appeared.

New Quest!

Survive!

Survive the monster.

Rewards:

25 exp

A rusted katana

1 point

Failure consequences:

Death

Accept or Don't accept?

Quickly reading the box he picked accept. By the time he read the entire window and accepted the quest the monster was 8 feet in front of him. 'Why the hell is everyone ignoring the large beast in front of them!?' Not having enough time to think about it he started to run to his left. When he started to run, he noticed a yellow bar appeared at the bottom of his vision. Hearing a deafening roar and loud stomps coming from behind him he ignored the bar. He made his through crowds, random alleyways, and streets he eventually started to lose the corpse.

After making a few quick turns into random alleyways he saw his local library. He behind his shoulder only to see the beast turn the corner. 'C'mon only a few more feet!' When he was nearing the building, the yellow bar turned to gray. He started to slow down, worried that he might be caught and killed. He forced his body to run only a few seconds more.

When he reached the front of the building, he slammed into the door. Thanking whoever made the doors into the building a push door he immediately dropped to the ground. Not caring that he was getting weird stares from the people there he slowly pushed himself to his knees. He looked over his shoulder only to find the corpse was staring at him from one of the windows. He started to grin from ear to ear. Shortly after a box appeared.

Quest completed!

Rewards:

25 exp

A rusted katana

1 point.

He was in the middle of reading the box when one more box appeared.

You leveled up 2 times!

You earned 2 points!

Stats changed

Hp:55/55

Mp:20/20

Stamina:73/73

Str:2+2= 4

Dex:2+2=4

Vit:4+3=7

Wis:9+1=10

Int:10+1=11

Luc:1+1=2

Points:1+2=3

When Ivan saw this, he giggled. He thought it was funny that he would probably never look at the world the same way again and yet it was like he was in a video game. When he finally managed to get back up on his feet a few more boxes appeared. 'The boxes are REALLY starting to get annoying now. Is there anyway I can turn them off?' Either way he still looked at the boxes.

Thanks to the repeated use of the skill Sprint it increased to Lvl 2 (34%)

With all the running you did your Dex increased by 2 points.

Str: 4

Dex: 4+2=6

Vit: 7

Wis:10

Int: 11

Luc: 2

Points: 3

'What does Dex stand for? I should've taken the tutorial when I had the chance.' Regretting his choice to skip the tutorial he made his way towards a desk and sat down. He remembered about the item he got from the quest. He wanted to see the stats of his new katana, but he forgot one thing.

'Wait how do I go to my inventory?'