Slime is fun

Chapter 32

Friday November 29,2013

8:45 am

(Ivan's POV)

I set down the test tube with this gooey blue substance boil in a pot with boiling water. The substance turned green after a few minutes. Oh I think it's done now. I pull the test tube out with the wind and set it down on the table. Now I wait. I excitedly stare at the test tube for a few seconds before I got bored. I let out a sigh as I lay my head on the table. I pick my head back up and think for a bit. Will ice speed up the process? I create a few ice cubes in my hand put the cubes in the pot. I pick up the tube with the wind and drop it in the pot. The ice cubes quickly melted. I quickly made some more, this time the cubes didn't melt. I wait for a bit before grabbing the tube. I excitedly open the tube and pull the substance out. The substance stretched as I pulled my hand away from the tube. I smile as I start playing with the substance. I roll it up into a ball and squish it a little. I let out a giggle as I stretch out the substance.

"I didn't think slime would be this gooey." I slam the slime into my head and make it flat. I put the slime in my Inventory and stand up. I'll do the rest of the kit later. I grab the pot and tube to put them in my Inventory. A strange feeling formed inside my head. Why do I feel like I'm missing something? I ignore the feeling and walk out the building. I take one step and look up at the sky. I have no idea what to do. I pull out the map and look for the library. Once I spotted the library on the map I started making my way towards the building. A few steps in my vision suddenly turned white.

The white faded away as my vision turned to a blur. I blink a few times, my vision quickly turned to normal. I look around to find myself in the middle of the colosseum along with a few kids lined up in a line, it looked like I was in the middle of the line. I recognize a few people in the line, there was the leader of my cabin, that first guy I fought in the colosseum, and that guy who kept working on a piece of metal when I got hurt on the first day. He was still working on a piece of metal. Why Am'I here? I look around for any other people I know, I spot Michael at the end of the line. I notice how everyone was unusually quiet. My instincts told me to wait quietly. 

I wait around for a bit before I got the urge to just walk away. I suddenly remember the skill I got yesterday.

Lvl 0(0%) Air sense- you send out a burst of wind around you that you can use to tell what's around you. Radius- 10 ft (3 meters) Mp cost-125 points

This skill sounds useful, but it costs way too much Mp. I take a deep breath and imagine a dome surrounding me. What do I do from here? I focus on imagining my Mp going into the dome. I felt a wave of pressure leave my body as my mind felt like it was out of my body. The air rushed past me as images appeared in my mind. Everything looked black and white. My body felt like it was floating on air, but grounded by something heavy. I sense the leader of my cabin turn his head in my direction as I was quickly rushed back into my body. My body swayed from side to side, it felt abnormal seeing everything in color. Nothing important is happening from what I can tell. I shake off the weird feeling as I saw a tall, lanky guy walk into the colosseum along with the one-tailed woman following behind him. I suddenly remember that he told me and Michael to come to that little building near the forest. I forgot his name though, actually did he even give us his name? Everyone looked towards him as he faced everyone like I would imagine a drill instructor about to give out a order. He looked around with a stern face.

"Does anyone want to leave?" Something in me was tempted to raise my hand. Just one look at him made me instinctively look at the ground. I glance back up, he had dark rings under his eyes. Was he hoping we would leave? "We're going to start with something easy today, just some simple practice with restoring our magic," He pointed to the side. "Everyone who doesn't need help, please go to that side." Almost all of the older kids went to the side, there was only a few kids my age that went to the side. "Everyone else, try wasting your magic. I'll give you pointers if you guys need help. I take a deep breath and cover my body with wind. My Mp bar barely went down as the wind rushed around my body. I stop using Wind Aura and think of something else. There was a kid beside me already panting with his hands on knees. I ignore him and close my eyes. I imagine a dome around me and pour some Mp into it. Nothing happened for the first few seconds, suddenly a burst of wind rushed out my body as I felt like I was pushed out of my body. It took a few seconds for everything to back to normal.