Uh, Ivan????

Chapter 74

Thursday, May 21, 2014

4:10 pm

I stare at the old man as he walked to his desk with a cartful of boxes. I reach for the cart and pull the cart to my side as the man walked behind the counter. I tapped my foot as I waited for him to give me the check.

"That would be forty billion." My jaw dropped as I heard the number. I shift from side to side as I bring out all the money I had. My face made a sour expression as I counted all the money. I wasn't even close to a billion. Nuxiel only gave me a million, but he never gave me that much. I stare up at the old man.

"Why is it so much." The man looked at the cart and then back at me.

"You ordered enough for a city, of course, it's going to be expensive." I bite my lip as I stare back at my money. What Am'I supposed to do? I don't have enough money, I could kill him. Nothing is stopping me from doing that. But what if I need something from him again? He seems nice, but he could be ripping me off. I pinched my thumb as I thought of my next move.

The corners of my lips formed a smile, before the man could notice I forced myself to make a poker face. I put my money under the desk and put it under my Inventory. I faked muttering to myself as I brought out a stack of paper. Adrenaline raced through my body, I look up and use the wind to slam the front door. I used Wind Slash on the stack of paper as a loud bang filled the room. The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny, gray pistol. I look down at the pieces of paper as the man started to aim his gun at the door. The pieces of paper were cut into long, wide rectangles. I take out ten one hundred dollar bills as I used Illusion to disguise the paper as one hundred dollar bills. I put five real one hundred dollar bills in the back and front. I look at the man and hold up the money.

"I think I have enough." I casually said. Sweat formed on my hands as the man put the gun back into his pocket. The man smiled as he started to count the money. He ran his fingers up and down the cash. He let out a satisfied grunt as he put the money into the cash register. I nervously swallowed as he nodded. "Was that enough?" I asked in a forced, confident voice.

"Yep," he responded in a gravely voice. I nod as I used the wind to lift the boxes into the air and into my arms. I quickly put the boxes into my Inventory and walked out of the store. My body shook with excitement as I walked through the streets. I can't believe I got away with that. I smile as a box appeared in front of me.

Thanks to repeated use of 3 skills, 3 skills leveled up!

Lvl26 Lying-> Lvl27(4%) Lying

Lvl24 Illusion -> Lvl25(2%) Illusion

Lvl 7 Wind Slash ->Lvl8(32%) Wind Slash

I smile and close the box. I started making my way towards my home. I looked around the stores wondering what I should buy. I turned a corner, my head suddenly bounced off a soft white surface. I wrinkle my nose as a tingly sensation ran up and down my nose. I look up and see an African American man standing over me. He was wearing a white tank top with a blue beanie on his head.

"Sorry," I muttered under my mouth as I walked around him and wrinkled my nose. I froze up as I felt a hard, thick hand grab my shoulder. I take out Tribute and tuck it into the backside of my pants. I look over my shoulder. The man was holding his phone, he took a glance at his phone and looked back at me. He put his phone into his pocket and let go of my shoulder.

"You killed Dominique right?" The man said in a casual voice. I stared the man right in the eye. I slowly shook my head. I reach for my gun as the man took out his phone again. He took a quick glance at his phone then looked at me again. The man rolled his eyes as he put his phone back into his pocket. "I'm not here to kill you. I lift my chin up as I grab the hilt of my gun.