A shower seems nice

Chapter 29

Tuesday November 26, 2013

10:06 am

(Ivan's POV)

I wobbly walk back to my seat. My body ached with each step. I look back into the colosseum, there were two girls wrestling on the ground. I didn't really pay attention to them as I sat down. I slowly roll my neck. A sore feeling formed in my neck as I slowly moved it around. "Hey." I hear Michael say next to me. I winced as I moved my head from side to side.

"Hey." Was the only thing I could respond with. The sore feeling got stronger my neck suddenly cracked. I let out a high pitch whimper as the pain was sent down my shoulders and up my head. Michael looked at me with curious look in his eyes. 

"You have blood covering your shirt." I look down and see a big patch of red around my neck. The middle part of my shirt was ripped to shreds, on one side of my pants the part near thighs had long tears going down to my ankle. I really wish I could wash my clothes or at least have a place to change my clothes.

"I know." I cover the tears on my thighs with my hands, even with my hands most of it was still able to be seen. My torso felt a little cold but not enough to bother me. I look back into the arena only to see one girl slam her weapon's hilt into the back of the girls's head. There was a faint blue hue covering the weapon. The girl collapsed onto the ground with blood flowing down her neck. Just watching made my neck pulse with pain. I suddenly felt something flick the back of my neck.  A stream of pain flowed through my head. I looked back to see Alice casually waving. "Why?" Alice shrugged.

"Just felt like it." I rolled my eyes and turned around. I notice everyone get up and walk towards the ladders. "That's it?" I heard Michael yell. Alice responded with a simple, "yep." I groaned as I stood back up.My legs begged me sit back down, I try my best to ignore the feeling. I was barely able to sit down for a minute! Did I really have to get this unlucky? I walked over to ladder and climbed down after waiting for while for my turn to climb down the ladder. Once I was at the bottom I walked over to the entrance of the colosseum. Michael appeared at my side with Alice shortly catching up. I pull out the map to the camp and immediately notice a place simply called the showers. For some reason the showers was near the garden. That just seems inconvenient. Once I was out of the colosseum I immediately made my way towards the showers. 

"Where're we going?" 

"To the showers." I heard Alice spin on her heels and walk over.

"I'm leaving. Bye guys!" Michael said, "bye," while I didn't respond. We walked in silence in silence of a little bit. I look down at the map. Why is the showers past the garden? What's the point of putting it there? Why not put it a little bit closer?

"Are the showers really here?"

"Yeah, for some reason." I see a bland, white building in the distance as we approached the other side of the garden.  Someone suddenly grabs my shoulder before I could get within a few feet of the building. I sigh as I turn around. The woman who I met in the woods was staring at me with pity in her eyes,  her other hand was holding Michael by the hand.

"Hi!" Michael said happily.

"Hello," she said with a smile. "Sorry to interrupt you, but Kale wants to see you." Who?

"I don't know who he is" I said. Her eyes flickered to the side.

"I mean Coach!"

"Who?" She let go of my shoulder and made a portal behind her.