Never expected a deer

Chapter 22

Tuesday December 23,2012

9:35 am

(Ivan's POV)

"Why do you live in a tent. Is your mom even okay with this?" After the fight on the roof I made my way back to my tent. Anenoid was forced to stay in the ring because he was taking up most of the tent. Jana kept complaining about how she couldn't feel anything.

"I think my mom is fine with this." A strong breeze almost knocks down the tent. I cover myself with five blankets.

"Give me some!"

"Get your own."

"Where?"
"We are near a Walmart. Go steal some."
"I'm not going to steal."
"Then stay cold." Jana lets out a sigh as she turns to face the wall. A few moments pass before Anenoid speaks from the ring.

'Check the bag. My friend actually put in some pretty expensive stuff in there.'

'Does it have anything that can help with the cold.'

'Kind of.' The bag better help. I take out the bag; The bag felt light, I doubt it had anything useful. When I opened the bag the first thing I saw was a piece of paper. I grab the paper and put it aside for later.

'Idiot! Read the paper.' I roll my eyes and pick up the paper. On the top of the paper were some letters that looked like they could be Latin, but I wasn't really sure. In the middle of the paper were some numbers and letters going across the paper.

'Anenoid how is this useful? It looks like trash to me.'

'Just read the letters in the middle and thank me later.' This has to be a joke. Very slowly I read the letters and numbers individually. Jana gave me some weird looks. When I was done nothing happened. I knew it was a joke. Suddenly the ground in front of me began to open. A small hole appeared in the middle of the tent. Jana was backed into the corner with her knees to her chest. I waited for something else to happen, I looked into the hole. In the hole were a set of stairs. At the bottom of the stairs was a bright light. I get up and quickly take out Retribution. I put the paper in the bag. I hoist the bag onto my back and slowly go down the stairs.

The bottom of the stairs was a tiny room with a wooden door on the other side of the room. I go through the door only to see a tiny hallway. My heart beings to pound in my chest. As I walk through the hallway, I notice a huge opening to my right. The opening lead to a small kitchen with a small rectangular hole in the wall, on the other side of the hole lead to a room that looked like your average living room. It even had a couch and everything. I decided to explore the kitchen a little bit more though. It had a few stoves and a microwave in the wall, and a refrigerator. My eyes scan the room. I was expecting something to pop up and attack. I cautiously walk up to the refrigerator and open it. There was nothing inside. Dammit!

I check the cupboards, there was still nothing. I walk back out into the hallway and notice that the hallway lead to the living room. This kind of feels like an apartment. There was a TV hanging on the wall , below the TV was a stand that held a DVD player. On my right was an empty shelf. Weird. I hear a door open behind me. The sound made me jump a bit. In the hallway a door that was near the kitchen opened. How did I miss that? Jana walks out the door. Her breathing was ragged, and her face was covered in sweat. In short rapid breaths she was able to get a few words out.

"This place has a gym." What?

"Okay?" What Am 'I supposed to say after that? "So no monsters?" Jana's face showed a bit of confusion, she shakes her head. I walk next to the TV, I look around for the on button. Behind the TV there was a remote sticking to the wall. What a weird place to put a remote. I quickly grab it and press the on button. On the screen was an animated show. There was four kids and a baby waiting for the school bus. One of the picks up the baby and swings at one of the kids. One of the kids says, "Dude sweet." The kid picks up the baby again.