Homeless people are scary

Chapter 23

Monday November 25, 2013

7:20 am

(Ivan's POV)

I walk up my apartment stairs with Sombra following behind me. I get up into the tent and open the opening in the tent. As I step out the tent Sombra's horn almost ripped through the top of the tent. Luckily Sombra made it out of the tent without ripping anything. I grab a saddle from my Inventory and put it on Sombra. The Kirin bends down to let me get on its back. I rub Sombra's side. I make Sombra look like a motorcycle with my Illusion skill. A little while back I realized that whenever I used the Illusion skill the bar wouldn't go down when the illusion was still activated, so as long as I kept the image in my mind, I can keep the illusion going. I rubbed the back of Sombra's neck and Sombra took off into the streets.
"Slow down Sombra!" Sombra wouldn't listen, it kept running around town. Blurs were flying around me; things were going way too fast for me to comprehend. Sombra ran into a forest and ran into something. Wait I don't live near a forest! I get sent flying off Sombra and flew right into the direction of a tree. I use the wind to catch myself and I fall to the ground. I land on my head without any serious injuries, just a mild throbbing in my head. Thank you Ice Exoskeleton! Next to me I hear a loud scream.

"That was so cool! Where did he come from though?" What? I turn my head to see a boy about my age on his knees and a woman with her hair in a ponytail standing in front of the boy almost like she was protecting him. The woman had cat like tail, on the top of her head was two cat like ears. The boy had short black hair, what really caught my attention were his eyes. They were a misty gray, but I swear I saw little specks of color appear in his eye but would disappear as fast as they appeared. The woman looked like in my direction. Her expression showed a bit of caution, but her eyes showed a bit of worry. Whether it was for me or the boy I couldn't really tell. It was probably for the boy.

I look away and start looking for Sombra. Where was that Kirin? I notice Sombra walking towards me with a slight limp. That's what you get for running around the place. A growl catches my attention. I look towards the noise only to see a homeless woman lying face first on the ground. Her hair was a long greasy mess that reached the floor. The woman starts to pick herself back up her knees. As she stood up tails began sprouting out of her back. Oh, she's not a homeless person. By the time she was on her feet a total of nine tails were coming out of her lower back. She looked directly at me and started growling. I don't know how to feel about this. The woman next to me grabbed my shoulder.

In a desperate tone she started to almost shout at me. "Please, please help us." I look back at the wannabe homeless woman. Her nails suddenly grew ten inches. She started to foam at the mouth.

"Uhm." I notice that a tiny fire was floating at the tip of her nine tails. "You know it's not really my problem." I felt bad for them, but they did really expect me to beat whatever the hell that was.

"Please." She looked like she was about to cry. I get a notification for a quest. I didn't get time to read it because I was too busy getting the one tailed woman off me.
"Fine just take care of my deer." I take out my favorite weapon Retribution. I slowly walk towards the nine tailed women. Behind me I could hear Sombra stomping its hoofs on the ground. The woman rushed me. I split Retribution in half so that it was in its duel wield form.
The woman swipes at my head. I swiftly duck under, but she used her feet to kick me in the middle of stomach. The force of the kick forced me to stumble backwards. Not wanting to waste the chance she ran towards me and grabbed me by the arm. With a flick of her wrist she sent me flying into the air. Flying through all the branches I eventually went past the tops of the trees. Below me I hear a loud crack. Soon the nine tailed women was in front of me. How?