HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!

A/n: school started up a few weeks ago, expect slower updates :/ (and maybe smaller chapters?)

Chapter 78

Saturday, May 23, 2014

9:53 am

(Michael's POV)

I bring my club down on the Shikome's disfigured face. Pieces of the monster's skull flew into the air as the Shikome's skull caved in. I panted heavily for air as I focused on recharging my magic. I took in a deep breath threw my weapons to the ground. I bent down grabbed the Shikome's feet to drag its body to a pile. My body suddenly froze up as a flash of me getting attacked by a flying otter flashed in my mind. I jump back just in time for the Fūri's long thin body to just miss me. I closed my eyes and bring my hands together. I felt a sharp stinging sensation pierce my left shoulder. I quickly open my eyes back up and reach for my shoulder. I heard the Fūri squeal as my right hand quickly squeezed its furry tiny body. The Fūri went limp in my arm, I groaned out in pain as I pulled its claws out of my skin.

I threw its body onto the ground, I winced as I felt blood drip down my arm. I form an eyeball in between my fingers and bring it up to my eyes. I tensed up as I brought it up to the back of my head, I gently push the eyeball into the back of my head. I opened up my eyes and had the eye on the back of my head move around. My vision slowly adjusted so that I could see what was behind me in the corner of my vision.

I moved my head around just to make sure that I could what was in front of me instead of my whole vision being blocked from seeing everything behind me. I look up at the red, crimson-colored sky. I felt my body shake, I force myself to move towards my weapons. I hastily pick up my weapon and look towards the pile of Shikome laying a few feet away from me. I look back up at the sky then look down at my weapon.

Should I go back to my cabin? My siblings told me that when the sky turns red I should go back to my cabin, but I'm sure I can help. I've been fighting hordes of Shikome without getting a single scratch, I'm sure I can handle a group of Fūri and Oni. I look around and bring my weapon up to my chest. Where are the other Yokai anyway? I thought there were would be more Yokai by now, that's how it usually is anyway. I look up and scan the sky for any more Fūri. An unsure, scared feeling formed in my chest at the sight of nothing. Just one Fūri? There has to be more, I doubt the sky turned red just for one Fūri.

I start to walk down the street searching for any sign of life. My head suddenly snapped to the side at the sound of a little girl's scream ring through the air. Before I could think of what to do next I quickly ran towards the source. I turn a corner and quickly run down an alleyway. The screaming stopped, I grit my teeth as I jogged out of the alleyway. I looked from side to side trying to find the source of the scream, I slowly walk down the street.

A loud thud suddenly came from behind one of the cabins to my left. My head quickly snapped towards my left. A quick flash of the cabin suddenly exploding flashed through my mind. My eyes widened as I started to run towards the cabin. The door suddenly flew forwards straight into my face, a blunt heavy force knocked the air out of my lungs as I was knocked onto my back. The walls of the cabin collapsed, I heard the sudden screams of children right before a popping noise emitted from the wooden cabin collapsing.

I saw feet frantically run past me, I quickly push the door of me as loud, deep thuds rocked the ground. I stumble up onto my feet and took in deep breaths as I held my weapon to my chest.

Children and teenagers rushed away from the cabin. A dull throb pulsed through my body, I bite down hard on my tongue trying to ignore the pain. I backed up as I saw a giant piece of wood being held by a large gorilla with shorts and large red Jordans.