(scene 26) revenge

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SNAPE HAD BEEN SHOOTING ATHENA ANGERED GLANCES whenever he passed her in the corridors. She didn't like the idea that he had read through some of the pages in her book even if he didn't know exactly what they meant.

His sneer was enough to light some fury inside her and every time she saw him, her fists would clench as she imagined the time she punched him in the face. However since exams were coming up Athena thought it was best not to go around punching him.

Athena had never noticed how many times she would see the boy on a regular basis. Before she saw him once or twice a week out of lessons but now he seemed to be wherever she went. It made her wildly uncomfortable but she tried her best to ignore it.

"Snape stole your book?" Remus asked, "I'll kill him—"

"I got it back" she clarified, "this was on the first day but that's why he keeps staring at me I think"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Remus murmured, "you could have told me"

"I know but with all the excitement over the match and wondering what's going on with Kennedy—"

"What is going on with Kennedy?"

"What isn't' Athena scoffed, "she deliberately didn't catch that snitch and I want to know why"

"I thought you heard Nott saying it was because she was sleeping with someone in Gryffindor"

"She told me I wouldn't know the person she was with and that they're in the year below" Athena mused, "I don't see who it could be"

"Have you ever thought that she might be lying?" Remus asked, "maybe they aren't in the year below"

"I definitely know everyone in our year Remus" Athena rolled her eyes, "I'll figure it out but I know she isn't going to tell me anytime soon"

"So the book" Remus backtracked, "what happened?"

"I bumped into him in the corridor and dropped it, he started reading it out mockingly but I went to punch him"

"You punched him?" Remus laughed in obvious pride,

"No I didn't punch him, Kennedy stopped me unfortunately"

"Why was she there?"

"I don't know she just showed up... I told you about that, when she was acting weird and I thought she might be—"

"Dacre in disguise" nodded the boy, "I was thinking about that"

"What about it?"

"You said he could be anyone?" He asked,

"Yeah" Athena nodded, "have you got an idea?"

"No but I was just thinking, anyone doesn't necessarily mean someone in the school... for all you know he might not be here, after all surely Dumbledore would see through some polyjuice potion"