(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏) family feuds

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA SLAMMED THE FRONT DOOR LOUDLY BEHIND HER, letting everyone in the house know that she was home. She'd travelled by floo powder on her own glad that her parents had taken the message of not coming to collect her.

Unfortunately her own house grate had been closed (something that Athena felt very annoyed about). Meaning she'd had to walk all the way through the village from the nearest pub with her extremely heavy trunk and chattering owl.

Athena's parents weren't making the situation better for themselves. She was even more annoyed now, if that was even possible. The girl pushed her way into the kitchen, placing Loki's cage down on the table and shoving her trunk to the floor.

Aurora wandered into the room with her eyebrows raised,
"You're back then" Aurora muttered as she stared at her sister,

"They closed the grate" Athena pointed out angrily, "had to walk"

"From kings cross?" Aurora mused, "that sounds unlikely",

"No not from kings cross" Athena sighed loudly, "from the pub over there"

"Bit of fresh air will do you good" her sister shrugged, "I offered to apperate you back"

"I can apperate myself" Athena frowned, "remember, I passed"

"Hmm" Aurora nodded, "I keep forgetting you're seventeen"

"Where are they?" Athena asked suddenly,

"Listen Rena" Aurora sighed, "let's not go into this angrily"

"It's too late for that" Athena scoffed, "where are they?"

"Rena—"

"Stop bullshitting around" Athena rolled her eyes, "you told me you'd stand up for me, that you'd back whatever I said"

"Yes and I will" Aurora ensured her, "I just don't want things to get too out of hand"

"No promises" Athena shrugged childishly. She was done playing the role of a child, someone who people skate around without ever really saying what they mean. She was sick of people seeing her as the innocent, trying to protect her while single handedly ruining her life.

It was in that moment that her parents stepped into the kitchen. Mary looked proud, a sickening expression that made Athena's bottom lip curl. Her mother always held her head up high, she refused to be wrong and due to that she'd never accept any argument or judgment.