(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) lupin cottage

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA SPENT A LOT OF HER SUMMER WITH REMUS, this was a regular occurrence for them anyway. Even before they were dating, they still saw each other on regular occasions considering that they were best friends. Despite this, everything seemed better now. It was a whole new experience to be around him in a more than friend way.

In many ways it was exactly the same, they'd tell stories and jokes and laugh until they couldn't breathe anymore. However in a lot of ways it was different, the way that they stared at each other held an entirely new meaning that neither of them were used to but both of them adored.

Rena was doing her best to avoid her parents, she didn't want to play the role of the petty unforgiving child who was ungrateful for life givings and general kindness. However on the other hand, she was being petty and unforgiving. Henry and Mary deserved it for all she cared, Athena wasn't going to hold this against them forever. Even if she wanted to, Rena always found it difficult to hold a grudge. Nevertheless, for now she was staying out of their way.

On week days this was easy, Mary worked full day shifts at St Mungo's as a healer and Henry only came back at lunch times from his job at the ministry. However neither worked weekends which meant that Athena had been spending a lot more time at Remus' house.

Remus didn't know why Athena was annoyed at her parents but he didn't ask. Athena had been trying not to think about how she was going to tell him, this thought kept her up at night. She'd been lying (or more accurately keeping secrets) for ages now but she didn't want to ruin the fact that her dream had finally come true (despite this sounding completely cliche).

Of course she was going to tell him at some point, she had to. After all the majority of her group were planning on joining the order in less than a years time, then there would be no hope of keeping this all hidden. The fact that Sirius knew and not Remus was also something that left Athena on edge. Needless to say, she was going to have to tell him.

Athena had been to Remus' house a lot when she was younger. He lived closer to where her old house had been, only a twenty minute walk away. Wizards didn't really need to walk so distance didn't actually matter. However since learning to apperate and passing the exam, Athena had been apprehensive about actually doing it. Apparition was temperamental at the best of times and floo powder made everything a lot easier.

The Lupin family lived in a small cottage backing on to a beautiful field (which they technically didn't own but often spent time in anyway). It wasn't as large or impressive as Rena's house or James' (even though no ones house was as impressive as James') but it was warm, comforting and felt exactly how a home should feel.

Hope and Lyall Lupin were some of the nicest people ever, they told Athena that she was welcome at any time and had the brightest of smiles when she arrived. Remus spent more time at Athena's then she did at his but when she arrived there she wondered why this was the case, at least Remus' parents weren't complete idiots.