(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟑) curses

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

MARLENE WAS BACK TO HER USUAL BUBBLY SELF AFTER A FEW DAYS, this was heightened by the fact that her and Dorcas had now made up. The girls had barely left each others side throughout the week which was a relief for the rest of the group. Athena couldn't help but notice how happy Dorcas seemed when she was around the blonde

Exams had taken over everyone's life now. April meant there was no hiding from the looming tests.

The library became like a second home to Athena who spent more time in that room than she did anywhere else. It seemed this was the case for a lot of fifth year students, the girl had never seen the library as full even her favourite seat by the window was taken by the time she got there.

The girl had always had faith in her natural ability to perform well in exams but she wasn't going to take the risk in relying on her intelligence.

Teachers couldn't talk about anything else except OWL's, it seemed their brains were also glued on this idea. Athena was a sick of hearing the word 'exam' everyone in the class would let out an audible sigh whenever a teacher said it.

Students always said that OWL's were easier than you'd expect while NEWT's were harder however Athena wasn't so sure.

As she sat rifling through all of her past works, notes and books she wondered how she was expected to remember all of this at once.

Why did students have to take so many subjects anyway? It wasn't as though she was ever going to need divination on the future, at least she hoped not.

Even Sirius was beginning to take exams seriously. He didn't like the library too much however he came and sat with Athena and attempted to scribble notes down about Transfiguration while Madame Pince glowered at him from across the room probably remembering the marauders famous disappearing book prank.

Lily was the worst of all which could be expected given her form. The red head always seemed to be working and revising even back in past years when exams weren't as important.

Athena envied her motivation to be able to get so much done, personally she lost and care about twenty minutes in which wasn't helpful for the looming exams.

James was torn between wanting to revise and wanting to train for quidditch. After Gryffindor's poor play against Hufflepuff he wanted to make sure that there was no possible way to lose against Slytherin.

Gryffindor were always most determined to beat Slytherin because of the competitive spirit that seemed to stick to those two houses. It was although there was an unsaid rule that all Gryffindor's and Slytherins had to hate each other which was something the marauders stuck to religiously.

Every lesson now was dedicated to exams, Athena half felt like just drifting off especially in divination. The perfumed classroom was almost impossible to stay awake in especially when Athena had it first lesson.