(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) I'm fine

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WASN'T SURE HOW SHE COULD SLEEP SO MUCH. This was unusual for her yet as soon as she arrived home she found herself curled in her large comfortable bed drifting off to sleep. Her parents had seen her soon after, hugging her so tightly that Athena thought she might break.

She didn't get a chance to appreciate being home, she took one step in the door and felt as though she could sleep through a hurricane. Nevertheless, she did appreciate how warm her bed was. Having gone from sleeping on an old broken mattress to a scratchy hospital bed, this was a grand improvement.

Athena came to realise that she had been taking simple things like this for granted. She relished in how well her head fitted into the feather pillow, how she sank into her mattress and how light her head felt when she closed her eyes. Previously sleep had been like an enemy to her but now it was all she wanted.

She knew when she opened her eyes that her sister was gone. Hogwarts started in September and since august was nearly ending she would have to go prepare for the new term. Athena blinked a few times and heard a loud clatter coming from the kitchen.

Jumping up immediately, she feared the worst as usual. Her imagination led to death eaters sneaking into her kitchen, ready to take her back to that basement. Athena's hands shook at the thought. She grabbed a button up from the back of her desk chair and threw it over her nightgown before leaving the room and sneaking down the carpeted stairs.

There was definitely someone in the kitchen, she could hear light cursing and a bubbling pan. Athena paused, her sister had told her that she would need someone looking after Athena. She used this piece of information to calm herself down before she walked into the room.

Athena's heart felt immediately fluttery, her skin prickled and her eyes felt hot with tears. He was here, right in front of her. She felt as though it had been years, waiting to be with him again. At first he didn't see her, he mustn't have heard her walk in over the sound of the pan. However a second later, his eyes hit hers and his jaw dropped.

"You should be in bed"

"That's the first thing you say?" She laughed.

He paused and stared at her again. Her heart faltered slightly, it was as though he didn't know her. Was she a stranger in her own house, in her own skin? Was she different now? Athena knew that she looked new. Her skin was paler, her hair rather matted and her form a lot thinner than it had been.

"Fuck" he whispered, "fuck.. I've been waiting for this for so long and now I don't know what to say"

"I've missed you" Athena murmured, feeling like a child with tear filled eyes, seeking validation from the person she loved most.

"I've missed you too" Remus sighed, "so much"

Before Athena could bring herself to cry she stumbled forward and collided with him. Wrapping her arms round his torso and planting her head onto his chest. She held him as though it had been years not months.