(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) the last match

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"ATHENA YOU NEED TO GO TO DUMBLEDORE" Remus told her. The transfigurations exam was in ten minutes but Athena's hands were still slightly shaking.

"After the exam" Athena nodded, "after the exam"

Remus has his arm tight around her waist as they sat together. He hadn't let go of her since Athena had the anxiety attack.

"You're not up to doing this exam" Remus murmured gently,

"I don't have a choice" Athena sighed, "these are important I just need to get through this and then I can go to Dumbledore"

"I never thought of Watson but now... it seems so obvious"

"I know" Athena nodded, "he never taught us a thing, he always seemed to hate me and his accent changed every five minutes... because it was fake"

"And he definitely asked you to tell him how the war ends?"

"Definitely" Athena nodded, "that's what made me realise because anyone in the order who knew about the prophecy would know that I haven't seen how the war ends yet"

"It's weird thinking he's been right under our nose the entire time" Remus shivered,

"Better than him pretending to be Kennedy" Athena pointed out.

As she did so one of the invigilators opened the doors to the great hall. They could go in now.

Athena hugged Remus tightly once more before they walked into the hall. She tried her best to concentrate on her exam but her mind was filled with the experience she had just shared with Watson... or more accurately Dacre. She couldn't believe her uncle had been in the school this entire year and she hadn't realised until now.

"You can start writing now"

Athena sighed before her quill hit the paper.

Just get through this exam and then you can go to Dumbledore

Dacre couldn't do anything in this hour, she had time. However her mind was so busy that she could barely concentrate anymore.

Just get through this hour.

Tell me how the war ends

The face of Professor Watson flashed in her mind. She remembered the words of her Aunt Melissa, she had said that Dacre had a cold stare. Now Athena was putting the pieces together she could see the similarities, Watson had always glared at her as though he loathed her. He did hate her, he blamed her mother for the death of his wife and daughter. He believed the prophecy should have been about his own daughter, not Athena.