(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) snape

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT SEEMED WEIRD THAT EVERYONE'S LIVES WERE JUST CONTINUING ON AS USUAL. Athena felt completely different at the moment due to her lack of motivation to do anything at all however everything else was the same.

Teachers were the same and lessons went about in the same way. Every transfigurations lesson would start with a lecture to ensure that James and Sirius wouldn't mess about, every astronomy lesson would start with Professor Calypso being late and Aurora having to start the lesson and every defence against the dark arts lesson would start with a task written on the bored and a professor who didn't know how to teach.

Business in the order went about the same as well, it didn't seem to affect people the same as it did Athena. Maybe they were all just used to it, used to the idea that inevitably things were going to have to get worse before they got better. This didn't seem like something to be optimistic about in her opinion.

The order didn't like the idea that Archer had been walking around on his own in Hogsmeade, they insisted that he must have been there for a reason as though the entire thing had been planned. Athena hadn't expected them to believe that he'd said nothing to her but the idea of not trusting anyone had played rather well on her anxieties. Maybe that had been intentional, maybe the point had been to make Athena doubt anything. She couldn't exactly be a prodigy to the order if she was doubting everyone around her.

However she had been getting better at occlumency. After each session she would get the worst migraines but the pain lingered with her satisfaction that she was finally getting it right. After more than a year at doing this it finally seemed to be going somewhere. Despite this Athena still hadn't seen a vision although she suspected it was only a matter of time.

Her friends didn't seem too inconvenienced by Athena moping around them. She couldn't be bothered to pretend to be happy anymore, some how it was harder than being upset. Playing fake smiles, fake laughs and fake jokes was all good until they saw through it like a veil. She suspected they just understood that she needed some time. It was hard being with Remus remembering what it had been like and remembering that it might never be like that again.

She was trying to blame her feelings on the war rather than a breakup, after all one definitely outweighed the other. Athena wished that she cared more about Voldemort and what was happening to the world however her mind had decided to spiral into concern for herself and more importantly her relationship.

Remus lightened up through February however the upcoming moon (which would take place at the beginning of March) seemed to throw him through another loop. This didn't affect Athena too much as she hadn't been the one to break the ice and talk to him. Remus had been the one upset and therefore she'd leave it up to him to decide if he wanted to sort it.

Quidditch went on as well. Athena had lost all care for the sport but this didn't reflect in her group of friends. James was a fanatic when it came to quidditch, often any conversation could be turned into one about the sport if he tried hard enough.