(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) sisterly advice

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WONDERED WHY THERE WERE SO MANY ORDER MEETINGS. New information was very rarely brought up. It seemed to be the same thing every time. New attacks on muggles, lists of possible death eaters.

The girl had been taking regular occlumency lessons with Dumbledore and was sure that good progress was being made. Despite this, she hadn't seen anything in the crystal ball. Not even something irrelevant such as when she'd seen Aurora becoming a teacher or Lily and James becoming head boy.

Sometimes she didn't even understand what was going on in the meetings. She enjoyed seeing her aunt and Alice Fortescue at them however apart from that the subjects were rather dry. Athena wasn't told everything about the war and wasn't involved in every opportunity to prevent it.

Instead she sat rather stiffly and stared at the table, voices around her turned to mush. Nothing that they were saying sounded good, in fact they made it seem as though they were losing the war. Athena had never thought of this, she'd always believed that she'd have to go through a war and possibly the feelings of grief but she hadn't yet imagined a life where Voldemort prevailed.

This was mainly because she couldn't imagine what that would be like. Voldemort was a sadist, a blood supremacist. A world where he was in control would be dark and cruel, muggle borns were already being killed off, if Voldemort was in control it was likely they'd all die or at least be reduced to filth with no hope of a better life.

Athena therefore placed more motivation in the part she had to play in the war. Sure, she could look into the future and see the war ending with Voldemort's victory however there was still a small chance that whatever she saw could work either way. Maybe then it would be up to the order to do what they needed to survive, that was unless Athena ended up in the wrong hands.

Then again precautions were being taken against this. She was fairly confident that she could close her mind well enough to stop someone entering. However this was only at her strongest and she doubted that if she ended up coming face to Voldemort that he wouldn't reduce her strength with some curse.

Despite everything seeming rather dark and unsettling, Athena was grateful for the distraction. Without it her mind was just full of anxiety regarding Remus. February wasn't any improvement on January so far. They hadn't talked since Lily's birthday and Athena couldn't even tell if he'd meant what he had said to her.

All she received were quick glances lacking emotion and these were rare. She shot him stolen looks when his concentration was elsewhere, hoping for a sign that he didn't hate her. If he did then Athena wouldn't even care about anything anymore. Selfish as that may sound, a lot of her happiness had been because of him, even before they were dating.

The small part of hope that this all might be sorted soon was slowly fading. She didn't want to think about what would happen if he never forgave her. She understood that he was upset but she also hoped he still loved her. After all what she had done wasn't great but it also wasn't bad enough for him to turn against her forever.