(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) mary's confession

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES AND BLINKED A FEW TIMES, confused of where she was and how she had gotten there. Last night seemed a bit of a blur yet she remembered a lot of it. After all the girl hadn't really been that drunk, just slightly tipsy.

The first thing that she noticed was that she wasn't alone, someone had their arms wrapped around her. It was a strange sensation she hadn't felt in a while. The only time she'd shared her bed with someone in this way was when she had been dating Sirius which seemed like years ago now.

Whoever it was, they were still asleep. Athena could tell by the heavy breathing. Her face was rested against their chest as they lay sideways holding on to one another. The sun was shining through the hangings which were red instead of blue.

This part made sense, she definitely didn't remember walking all the way back to Ravenclaw common room last night. She'd been dancing for most of the time, Athena could remember the music swirling around her, the sound of laughter and the smiles on her friends faces.

Everything had slowed down after she'd had the final drink, vodka and coke. Aurora had always told her sister not to mix drinks. It made things worse and Athena understood why.

She didn't really sick but she definitely had the beginnings of a headache and the feeling that she never wanted to move again. Rena took the chance and turned her head slightly so she could actually see who was holding onto her.

Then she remembered. Of course, she'd been helping Remus get back to the dorms in his drunken state. She stared at him now in shock. Athena hadn't meant to fall asleep, she was only going to wait until he did.

He seemed so peaceful that she didn't want to wake him up but she also didn't want to be here when he did wake up. After thinking to herself for way too many moments the boy began to stir.

Panic flooded her as she wondered whether she had enough time to do a runner. Slowly his eyes opened and they met hers in a gaze of surprise. His shock turned to a frown as he look to see his arms wrapped around her and the hangings indicating they were in his bed.

"What... why... morning?" He mumbled with an expression of confusion,

"Hi" Athena blurted out, "you were drunk"

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Because I tried to get you back to your bed and you sort of... pulled me with you, I didn't want to wake you so—"

"I dragged you with me?" Remus continued and Athena nodded, "god Rena, I'm so sorry... I knew I should have only had two drinks"