(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕) exams

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

EXAMS HIT ON THE 14TH OF MAY. Athena could barely manage breakfast as she sat at the Gryffindor table. James and Sirius were keeping the spirits high as they continued to talk as though the tests would not be starting in an hour.

Athena had to do fifteen exams which seemed like way too many. There were two for every subject except history of magic, astronomy and divination. One practical and the other comprehension.

There was no practical for history of magic and divination and astronomy were purely practical. Athena definitely preferred the writing ones, after all there was less that could go wrong.

They spread over three weeks ending on the first week of June. That left three weeks for exam students to relax. The rest of the school would still be doing end of term assignments but Athena was glad that this year she'd be done earlier.

On the first day she had two exams one of which was a charms writing exam and the other potions practical. She was staring down at her egg and toast feeling sick as voices blurred into one.

She could tell that a lot of the students sitting around the hall felt the same. Lily wasn't sitting with the marauders and instead was opposite Mary who was quizzing her on charms. The red head looked as though she was going to be sick as she ran her hands nervously through her hair.

Remus too wasn't saying much, he was stirring his cereal and staring at the clock like he had been doing for the past five minutes. Peter was ruffling through pages of notes looking incredibly nervous as sweat formed over his brow.

"Oh my god that's them!" Marlene called. Heads turned to see a group of people stepping into the hall. There were a huddle of them and most of them seemed incredibly old. They were the examiners.

They would be the ones to asses the practical exams, they'd be deciding the fate of the exam students. Athena watched as McGonagall walked over to them and allowed them to follow her out of the hall.

"I think I'm going to be sick" Dorcas groaned. Athena felt exactly the same. It seemed all the more real to see the examiners enter the school.

It hit her that her first exam was only fifty minutes away. Her heart almost beat out of her chest at the thought.

Charms was one of the subjects she felt more confident in but now she worried that she should have put more effort into it. Facts darted back and forward in her mind as she tried desperately to recite what she knew in case she forgot it.

Everyone in fifth year had to take charms. Comprehension exams all took place at once with everyone sitting in the hall at the same time. Practical exams were done about four at a time which stressed Athena out as she knew she'd be one of the last to go in because of her surname.

She'd been given her seat number prior to the exam, they were all written down on a piece of paper that she had clutched between her shaking hands.