(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) getting there early

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

REMUS WAS COPING which was all that anyone could expect. March drew on and although Athena didn't forget that she had turned twenty, she also didn't think much of it.

Twenty felt like such a strange age. It felt like the jump between nineteen and twenty was a lot bigger than any other experience. She wondered whether she should act any different or feel any older. For the record, she didn't.

Athena was just grateful that Remus was opening up, she had been worried that he would try to suppress his emotions completely to the point where she wouldn't even be able to reach him however despite not being his usual alight cheery and sarcastic self, he was still Remus.

Apart from work and order meetings, Athena was studying the legellimency text more than she'd care to admit. She wasn't making progress in actually completing it but she had a greater understanding about it which was all that mattered for the time being.

As for order meetings, Athena was getting completely frustrated by them. Three of these meetings had passed since Dumbledore and Athena played witness to one of the most important developments in the war so far yet he hadn't mentioned this. Athena was sick of keeping this quiet from her friends (except Remus who she had told immediately) and if it was kept any longer she was just going to tell the order herself.

Through these last few weeks, Athena had become more annoyed at Dumbledore than ever. She'd lost favour with him a while ago but sitting through those meetings and knowing that he was supposed to be their saviour and voice of reason just pissed her off. He was manipulative, she knew that much.

Work was the same as ever. Athena had visited her sister after her Monday shift and explained to her what was going on with Remus. For once she had set aside her work to have a proper conversation with her and Athena appreciated that, she felt as though she had been in need of a talk with Aurora. Her sister should be the voice of reason, she actually deserved that title.

On the following Sunday the order meeting was going to be at Kennedy and Sirius' apartment. It was rarely at their place considering that they were a) very messy and b) lived in a small flat. However it had been a last minute decision when Kingsley and Moody had to go to Spain to follow up on a sighting of Dacre. Athena wondered what he was doing abroad.

Athena and Remus arrived to their place earlier and saw that Peter had also decided to jump the gun. Sirius and Kennedy had made minimal efforts of tidying up after themselves which could be seen through the cupboard door having to be charmed shut, presumably because they'd shoved everything into it.

They'd set up a table in the largest part of the flat and although the chairs were very close together, it still worked. Kennedy was sat on one of these seats with her feet laid up on another. She seemed very relaxed and also healthier than the last time Athena had seen her. Kennedy's skin had more colour and she'd cut her hair so that it lay just past her shoulders rather than down by her ribs.