(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟐) love of my life

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA RETURNED TO HER HOUSE feeling wet from the rain and more anxious than she ever had done. She understood that Remus needed time to think, she'd felt the same after everything that had happened but she wished that he could have given her an idea of how long this would take.

She couldn't stand being on her own anymore. Athena didn't have her friends to turn to and ask for advice. Usually she would have gone to Lily right about now and James would have told her that Remus was just stuck in his head as always and would figure it out. Lily would calm her down, hold her hand and say that Remus and Athena were meant for each other. Remus knew that.

Maybe Athena would have gone to Marlene and Dorcas. They'd say that Remus was being stupid and dramatic and that Athena should get completely plastered and forget about it for now. They'd put on loud music, make fancy cocktails and dance around like no one was watching.

Sirius would have offered to talk with Remus himself and knock some sense into him, Athena would have been tempted by this because she hated solving her own problems. However she would decline and Sirius would let her rant to him until she ran out of words to say.

Kennedy would threaten to beat Remus up. She'd get her baseball bat ready and everything. Athena was sure that she'd have to restrain her to stop her going after him. Kennedy was always very physical when it came to getting the job done.

Athena wouldn't have gone to Alice and Frank with her problems, she would have gone to see them without saying what had gone wrong. She'd just appreciate their joyous company and she would have let them talk until her mind was distracted from the truth of it all.

However Athena couldn't turn to any of these people. None of them were here. She sobbed into her hands as she sat down at the kitchen table and placed her elbows onto the hard surface. Her hair fell around her and she continued to cry until she struggled to breathe.

Looking up from her hands she saw the letter sat in the middle of the table. She had no idea what it would say. She knew that Remus had trouble expressing himself to others, explaining what was really going through his mind. Writing helped him see the explanation in front of him, it helped him realise what needed to be said.

Whatever was in this letter was what Remus had been struggling to say on the hill. Athena picked it up in her hands as her sobs lessened slightly. She hoped it would hold the answers she was looking for, she hoped it would hold the answer to when he would come back to her, when she could feel ok again.

Tearing the letter open with trembling hands, Athena felt her heart beating rapidly in her chest. She felt the locket cold against her skin, she saw the ring glint in the light and told herself that it would be fine. She heard Lily's voice in her mind you and Remus are meant for each other, he knows that.

My dearest Rena.

You are the love of my life, you've brought me every joy and every moment that I will live to cherish, you have become an unforgettable memory of mine and my heart will forever belong to you.