(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏) lake in the snow

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA GOT THE INVITATION A WEEK BEFORE, she'd visibly rolled her eyes as she pulled back the hefty green wax seal and read the tidy scrawl within. Slughorn's Christmas party happened every year however Athena hadn't been included in the line of 'Slug club' members since last year.

This was all to do with her contributions to the order however as no one knew about that, Athena spent a lot of her time in fear that the potions Professor would end up saying something he shouldn't after drinking too many glasses of mead.

Nevertheless, Athena knew that her friends would force her to go. Last year she'd had to join so that all eight of them could attend (as there was a bring one guest policy). However this year there was nine of them which immediately caused some complications. This didn't make it difficult for Athena who already knew that she'd definitely be taking Remus.

In the end, Lily decided to invite Mary allowing Peter to go with Flora who also happened to be in the club. Athena did love a good party however it seemed as though it was all she was ever doing anymore. Even worse, Slughorn's parties weren't even enjoyable with the painfully old wizard music and the classy suffocating environment. It definitely wasn't anything in comparison to common room celebrations.

"It's something to do" Remus told her as they sat on the window seat in Gryffindor common room, "we can stay for a bit and then get out of there if you want"

"All we do is go to parties" Athena sighed as she played with the ring on his hand,

"I thought you wanted to spent more time having parties in seventh year, isn't that what makes it more fun?"

"I guess" she shrugged, "but this one is deathly boring"

"I never liked the idea of a slug club" Remus continued, "inviting people to an elite club because they have good connections"

"Is someone sad they never got an invite" Athena pouted in sarcasm,

"You didn't until last year" Remus smirked, "why was that anyway?"

Athena avoided eye contact as she continued to hold onto his hand. She wished he would stop asking her questions where the answer had to be a lie. Of course it didn't have to be. If Athena just built up the confidence to tell him the truth then this wouldn't be a problem at all. However she decided she would tell him after the holidays then if anything went badly she could at least hold onto the memories of Christmas.

"Because I'm a Sinistra" Athena shrugged, "old magic family, you know"

"Right yeah" Remus nodded, his words twisted in the back of the girls mind and she wondered whether he might be catching on to the lies she'd been telling and the secrets she'd been keeping.

The night of the party was one week before the break up for Christmas. This meant that Athena's mind was too full of lingering festivities to complain about having to attend the celebration. She donned a cherry red dress with matching heels and styled her hair in more glamorous curls that she usually attempted.