(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏) christmas '79

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE LAST CHRISTMAS OF THE SEVENTIES. Athena couldn't believe that the decade was coming to an end. Of course she'd lived through the sixties as well but it felt as though her entire life had occurred between the years of seventy one and seventy nine.

Arrangements were made for the group to spend Christmas at Athena and Remus' house. It seemed right given the fact that it was the biggest of the lot (now that James and Lily had moved out).

Athena awoke with a smile already on her face, she'd always loved Christmas but something about spending it with her friends made her love it even more. The night was still brewing outside despite the time reading seven. People complained about darker mornings and claimed a craving for summer however Athena liked the comfort of the dark.

She yawned, stretching her arms high above her head and dropping her neck back slightly to stretch out her back.

"Go back to sleep" Remus mumbled as he threw a pillow in her direction, it completely missed and hit the floor at the other side of the bed.

"It's Christmas!" Athena beamed, leaning over Remus and placing a kiss on his forehead. Remus was not a morning person, ever. He just grumbled slightly and pushed her away, rolling over in an attempt to get a few more minutes.

The rest of their friends wouldn't be coming over until twelve. Athena was in charge of making the Christmas dinner, she hoped she could live up to the Potter's Christmas dinners they'd been blessed with in the past (she doubted she'd be able to but she'd do her best).

By eight, Remus was up and downstairs to see that Athena had prepared pancakes and bacon (which had become a favourite of the couple). He smiled as he stared at her eating her own while leaning over the paper.

"You shouldn't read that on Christmas" he sighed, taking the paper off her and skating his eyes over the headline.

Couple killed by Bellatrix Lestrange

"I know" Athena replied, "but we need to know what's going on, even of it is Christmas"

"They were muggles" Remus whispered, "they have no role in this war... nothing to deserve..." he stopped speaking and slumped into his seat in front of the pancakes.

"You're right" Athena nodded, "I shouldn't have read it, it's Christmas"

Remus nodded as he began to eat, his happier feelings soon returning to him.

"Did you get the presents ready?" He asked lightly.

Remus and Athena always bought joint presents now, it was a perk of being a couple. Athena was better at buying gifts and therefore had been placed in charge (with some input from Remus)

"Yeah they're by the tree" Athena mused, "what time would you start making food?"

"I don't know, maybe eleven if we want to eat at one"