(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) the truth

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WALKED THROUGH KINGS CROSS ON HER OWN TODAY. This was the first year she'd attended Hogwarts without her sister by her side. Her parents would usually take her however her mother was on an emergency shift at St Mungo's and her dad was sick. Rena had assured them she'd be fine on her own, after all by the end of this school year she'd be of age.

This idea seemed incredibly strange to the girl who still felt as though she was thirteen at heart. Today was the thirty first of August, last year they'd been lucky as September first had hit on a Sunday however this year they had to miss one day of the long August summers.

However Athena didn't mind, she was overly excited to go back and she knew that there would be an amazing Gryffindor party that night as an early celebration for Dorcas turning seventeen, hopefully her meeting with Dumbledore wouldn't cut into that too much.

She walked through the station with her head down ignoring the usual stares of people around and the whispers of animal cruelty. Thus happened every year as muggles weren't accustomed to seeing an owl in a cage like it was a cat. Of course Loki was completely fine, in fact he was rather enjoying himself as he turned his head round to stare at everyone in the station.

Athena approached the barrier between the muggle world and the wizarding world, taking a deep breath before she strode confidently through it. She was used to doing this by now having been at the school for five years. The platform was emptying and as usual (without her sister to keep her in check) Rena was late.

The girl hurried to put her trolley away, pulling her bags out of it and lodging Loki's cage under her arm and she struggled over onto the train, laden down by the weight.

Relief hit her once she boarded the ruby read steam train. Students were bustling and running around in excitement, some of them already dressed in robes.

Athena on the other hand looked a complete mess, she'd woken up and hour before she'd had to leave meaning her hair was still slightly damp now pulled back into a tight bun which made her look like an egg.

She was wearing some baggy jeans and a large Ravenclaw quidditch jumper which used to belong to her father. Athena didn't care that she looked like a mess, it was too early to care anyway.

She pushed past many students, feeling as though her arms were going to break from the weight of the many cases and her pet owl. Hoping that she'd catch sight of one of her friends soon, she hurried down the corridor lining the train.

"Rena!" A voice called from behind her. She turned to see Peter smiling at her.

Athena hadn't stood next to him when she'd stayed at James' house. Now that she was she noticed that he was indeed quite a bit taller than her. His blonde curls framed his face rather well and you'd never had guessed that he used to be fat. Who would've thought that Peter would have ended up being good looking.