(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) wake up

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE PAIN WAS GONE. Everything was gone. She couldn't feel, she couldn't see. She could only think.

This was terrifying to Athena, her first thought was that she was dead, surely she must be. However she couldn't spend eternity in her own thoughts, her mind was enough to drive anyone crazy.

Help me

Why can't I move?

Her heart was racing as she tried to pull her eyes open with the sheer power of her mind. She couldn't remember why she was here. Could anyone hear her, what was she on about she wasn't even speaking. It was her mind making all that noise, all that loud and disturbing noise.

Please

What's going on?

She was used to pain, it had sprung in her like a rash and she'd grown used to it. Now she felt free and light yet her mind was still like that chasm of disruption and pain that would scream at her until her head would split open again.

Crucio

The word in her mind would have made her flinch if it wasn't for the fact that she couldn't move. Her hands would be shaking and she could hear the screams, her own screams echoing off the sides of her skull. However they felt miles away, maybe like a distant memory. But how long had it been?

From trying to move all at once, Athena decided to concentrate her energy into her fingertips. It was frustrating being so awake, so alive but not being able to jump up. It scared her, was this really death?

Eternity scared her. Maybe it scared her most in the world. Sure fire had always scarred her thoughts and burned her own heart but really it was a fickle fear something that probably could be overcome with time if she ever tried it. Eternity was different, eternity was everything and nothing at the same time. Before now she hadn't imagined that it would exist, surely nothing could last forever. Yet here now she lay wondering where she was, who she was and why she couldn't even move her little finger.

This was why death was so haunting. No one knew what was coming after someone passed the border between life and death. Athena couldn't think of anything worse than lying here forever drowning in her own anxieties. She thought death would be more peaceful. What did she do to deserve this?

Time flooded on, she wasn't aware of anything. She couldn't calm herself down but she also couldn't hyperventilate. Usually she would scream to release the built up fear and anger but now she could only let it swarm up inside her like a ferocious murder of crows.

Every minute was concentrated on moving her fingers. Athena wouldn't accept that she was dead, she had a purpose, she had reason to be alive. Mainly her mind believed this was due to the prophecy but she also saw Remus.