(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟑) the end of fifth year

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE END OF SCHOOL CAME ABOUT A LOT QUICKER THAN ATHENA HAD EXPECTED. Summer days were full of laughing and talking by the late, a few taster lessons of NEWT level classes and a lot of tension between Athena's friend group.

As expected, James and Sirius had made up pretty quickly. Athena didn't care, the boys could do whatever they wanted for all she cared. It hadn't come as a surprise to her, after all Sirius and James were like brothers.

It seemed Peter just followed along with whatever James did. The Potter boy could jump off a cliff and Athena was sure that Wormtail would follow without a second thought.

Remus didn't let his emotions or feelings towards the situation reach his face, his expressions were unreadable and as he never wanted to talk about it, Athena wasn't entirely sure what he was thinking.

He was still hanging around with the marauders as much as he had before. When they were together sitting outside he usually joined in with the conversation and from a distance Athena swore she saw him laugh at one of Sirius' jokes.

She guessed it was just easier for everyone else to just move on. No harm came and that was that. Rena was still annoyed but she guessed it wasn't her place to be pissed on behalf of Remus who was obviously fine.

The boy had been spending a lot more time with Mary recently. It seemed the prospect of barely seeing each other in summer was one that Mary couldn't bare. Therefore the mousy haired girl stuck to him like glue.

Athena didn't hang out with the marauders anymore, not because she didn't want to but because she felt slightly awkward in doing so. In time all wounds would heal but for now she was fully aware that Sirius was upset about what had happened.

She didn't feel guilty in the slightest as she knew that she'd made the right decision in leaving him. To be fair they hadn't been a very serious couple. It had been the first relationship Athena had experienced which she was grateful for but at the same time that wasn't a reason to make a big deal out of it.

Instead she'd been spending time with the girls. She'd missed sitting with them anyway since their larger group had split in two. Athena found it a lot more stress free without having to worry if Snape turned up.

Lily hadn't forgiven Snape and she claimed they would never be friends again, truth was that a Lily had been annoyed at him for a while. After all he did hang out with Avery and Mulciber who might just be the worst people of all time.

On the other hand she didn't like James either. She still believed what she said about him being self obsessed and arrogant. Athena wished she could tell Lily that James had saved Snape's life while risking his own but unfortunately that was all confidential.