(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) the source

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

REMUS LAY ON HIS BACK ON JAMES' SOFA staring at the ceiling as the voices around him slurred into meaningless noise. It had been a month, a month. The beginning of august was now approaching yet the order was no where nearer to finding where Athena was.

He was a wreck without her, needing to know she was ok and inevitably fearing the worse. Dumbledore had assured everyone that Voldemort wouldn't kill Athena, he needed her, however Remus wasn't so sure.

The thing that confused him the most was why it was taking this long to find her. By now the order had sussed that Kennedy had something to do with her disappearance. People at the station had been eye witnesses of the two girls leaving together.

Ever since this news Sirius had been acting rather strange. Remus had expected at least one 'I told you so' about the group trusting Kennedy however he barely said anything at all.

Remus had said time and time again that Athena would be at Kennedy's house. It made sense if Kennedy had been the one to take her. However by some strange form of magic Vulpes Manor had vanished. Dumbledore claimed spellwork had been placed on it similar to Hogwarts meaning that a visitor had to know where to look. Unfortunately no one had ever been to Vulpes manor before and therefore no one could find it.

The marauders were working with the order. Remus had been planning on joining however there wasn't time for a proper introduction meaning a lot of the time Remus had no idea what was going on. James seemed to pretend that he understood everything, nodding his head as people talked however Remus knew he was bluffing.

The girls had joined as well. Lily, Marlene, Dorcas and Mary came around to Potter mansion a lot (as this was the base for the investigation). Remus was driving himself crazy with worry. He couldn't believe that he had let this happen, he should have been looking out for her.

Aurora had called the news in two hours after Athena should have been back. The sister had assumed that Athena might be with Remus or some other friends however when the worry kicked in she couldn't just sit back.

She'd arrived at Lupin cottage looking distressed and asked Remus hurriedly where Athena was. This had been when Remus started to worry and he hadn't stopped since.

Death eaters were notorious for torture. People who got taken by them or who were wanted by them never came out looking good. Fair enough Voldemort couldn't kill Athena but that didn't mean he couldn't torture her.

The cruciartus curse was allegedly the worst pain in the world shortly followed by werewolf transformation. Remus knew how that felt and couldn't bear the thought that Athena was going through it.

Another thing about that curse was that if a person was inflicted with it too much, they could lose their sanity. Remus imagined Athena returning to him like a ghost, not even knowing who he was anymore.