(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) the great hall

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE TRAIN PULLED TO A HALT in Hogsmede station, the lights outside had dimmed into sunset. Athena stumbled to life, lifting her head from Dorcas' shoulder as she stared out of the window at the sky.

"We're here" James muttered as he kicked the suitcase that Peter was sitting on, jolting him awake.

"What's happening?" he murmured sleepily.

"We're here, as I just said"

It seemed the group had finally grown tired. Remus had fallen deep down into his chair with his feet rested beside Sirius.

Mary had her head rested on him, her cheek colliding with his hair.

Sirius stood up, pulling his jacket tighter around him as he moved to the door.
"you coming?" he asked Rena and Dorcas.

Athena had been too busy staring at Remus and Mary to realise she hadn't made a move yet.

She jumped up, grabbing her bags from the racks and hoping no one had noticed her staring.

"Come on Rena" Sirius smiled as he placed his arm round her. Athena smiled lightly as the two of them made their way out into the crowded corridor.

Athena had always liked Sirius, something about his buoyant attitude mashed well with her own. However she always told herself not to get too attached, after all his pale blue grey could become rather addicting.

"So how was your summer?" He asked lazily. They were currently waiting behind a lot of first years who were chatting excitedly about the sorting ceremony.

"Same as usual" Athena shrugged, her summers always seemed to play out in the same way. Usually she would try and spend time with her sister (who would rather work) or wish that Remus was there with her.

Athena was fortunate enough to live in a rural part of England surrounded by lakes and big hills which meant the scenery out about her house was incredible.

Therefore she spent a lot of her time sitting up on the moors with a lantern lit beside her, wishing for once that something would go her way.

Her and Remus had spent many nights watching the sun set over the hills and the reflecting lights in the lake below. They often called it their 'happy place' or at least they had done when they were younger. Athena still considered the moors her happy place but she was sure Remus found joy somewhere with Mary these days.

"How was yours?" She asked Sirius who still had his arm draped carelessly over her shoulder,

"Same as usual" he barked with laughter, "spent most of the time with James because my parents can't stand the sight of me".

Walburga and Orion Black saw their eldest son as a disappointment, everyone knew that and a lot of the time Sirius pretended not to care because he hated the people his parents were.