(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏) the ethical question

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

HOW HADN'T ATHENA THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE? Really it made perfect sense. Even if Dumbledore hadn't been told that there were people in the order relaying information to Voldemort, he probably would have figured out. Athena didn't like him, in fact she was really starting to hate him, however she couldn't deny that he had his reputation for a reason.

He was one of the greatest wizards of all time and Athena had always pointed out how he seemed to know more than he was letting on. This was another one of those times. He was sitting back watching the chaos happen while knowing exactly what the outcome was. How did he know the outcome? Because Athena had handed it to him on a silver platter.

Athena had seen the vision of Lily and James dying and although she'd told Remus that Dumbledore believed it could be evaded. This was not the case, Dumbledore had plainly told Athena that they were going to die and this event would symbolise the end of the war.

What did Dumbledore want more than anything? The war to end. There was no way of telling whether Lily and James dying would be a success for the order or for the death eaters but Dumbledore had figured it out. That's why he'd cared so much about whether Harry would survive because Harry was the key to everything.

So Dumbledore knew that the order would win the war. How did he know this? Because Harry survived which meant one thing, Voldemort did not. Neither could live while the other survives, the prophecy made that very clear.

Harry had been left with a scar signifying how Voldemort had tried to kill him, signifying how the order would come out of the war in a victory, an unmistakable victory that Dumbledore had been reaching for this entire time. Dumbledore had figured this out ages ago, of course he had. Athena was annoyed that it had taken her this long to put the pieces together.

So what did this all mean? Athena pondered to herself as she had paced around the kitchen. Dumbledore knew everything, everything. He must know who the imposters were and he also knew that Lily and James' death was the end of the war.

Dumbledore needed them to die. By leaving the imposters in the order he was putting Lily and James in danger, Remus had said this himself and Athena had of course wanted to retort that no one would want to put Lily and James in danger but that wasn't the case, of course it wasn't.

Dumbledore wanted them to die. Dumbledore wanted Lily and James to die because it meant the war would be over and this made Athena feel completely and utterly sick.

He was twisted and manipulative. He had everything wrapped around his finger. He was ahead of everyone, controlling everything that was happening in the war. Remus was right, Athena had been naive by not realising that Dumbledore was smarter than being confused about two imposters.