(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) lily's birthday

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"ATHENA STOP CRYING" Tessa called from across the dorm as she opened the hangings and stared at the girl in exasperation, "I thought you usually crashed at Gryffindor after a party, what happened?"

"I've ruined everything" Athena sniffed as she stared in determination to the drapes over her bed above her. The blue velvet material was patterned in silver stars. She counted them just as she had seen Remus do the previous night with the real constellations.

"We can wallow in self pity together" Tessa smiled as she fell onto the bed beside Athena and turned to her, "going to tell me what happened?"

"Remus broke up with me" Athena sighed as she turned her head. Tessa's eyes were distinctly hazel, mainly light brown with etches of green like vines swirling through them.

"That dickhead" Tessa frowned, "I can beat him up for you if you want?"

"No it was my fault" Athena shook her head, "I upset him... I really upset him"

"How come?"

"I kept something from him" Athena admitted, "but i told Sirius about it and he... found out"

"Why didn't you tell him in the first place?"

"Because I didn't want to risk ruining everything" Athena shrugged,

"Well that turned out brilliantly for you" Tessa smirked causing Athena to glare at her, "what... I'm being honest"

"I can't believe I've messed up this bad" Athena groaned, "I finally got the guts to tell him how I felt but I couldn't even keep him"

"So he ended it?" Tessa asked,

"Not exactly" Athena muttered, "he said a lot and some of it I don't understand or remember... but he pretty much said staying with me was going to kill him"

"Oh" Tessa raised her eyebrows, "well that isn't good"

"But then he went on to say he loved me and he didn't want to hurt me... he said that he needed time"

"Well that's better" Tessa smiled, "time means he's still thinking about it... maybe it's not all over yet"

"I hope you're right" Athena sighed,

"Does this mean you're going to be sitting with us at breakfast this morning?" Tessa asked, sitting up from the bed and analysing how short her skirt was in the mirror.

"No sorry Tess" Athena smiled, "I don't want to hide away from them, that'll only make matters worse"

"True" Tessa nodded as she patted her friend on the back, "I'll see you later then, ok?"

"See you later... thanks Tess" Athena replied as she straightened her own robes and headed out of the common room.

Her head had been pretty messed up since it happened especially because she'd drank so much with Sirius. This morning brought an array of headaches in different points of her head and a nauseating feeling which wasn't going to be made better with bacon and eggs.