(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐) hope lupin

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE SOFT SOUND OF A BASS GUITAR FILLED THE HOUSE. Remus had been getting better, he'd found a book in the library after he'd been picking up more supplies for his defence against the dark arts course and Athena had seen him reading it ever since.

They had a few more days of the seventies left and Athena was cherishing every moment. The last week of December had brought a thin coat of snow that was basically just frost over the grass. At some point it had snowed very heavily but none of it had stayed very long.

Snow was hypnotising to Athena, she had been trying to continue her learning of sign language while sitting by the window however she found herself gazing out of the window at the twisting falling flakes that curled in the air like the petals of a blossom tree.

The Hartland's cafe had been selling warm festive drinks throughout winter. Athena's favourite was the salted caramel hot chocolate she had this nearly every day, occasionally switching it up to have the mint one. Athena was gutted that they stopped doing these on January first however she supposed she could still make herself one of needs be.

The festive season was coming to a close now since Christmas had left. Athena didn't mind, she enjoyed Christmas but it wasn't the only time where she could sit around with her friends having fun.

After work she'd return to find Remus sat hunched over the bass. She'd just shoot him a smile and a wave realising that he didn't want to be disturbed when in such concentration.

The order meetings were the same as ever. The only good thing about them were the fact that she could see everyone. Alice was showing too now, she was due before Lily but at a similar time (which both girls were very excited about).

Every time Athena saw the two of them together, they were undoubtedly talking about pregnancy or different tips for becoming mothers. Molly was the same however her tips were often a lot more helpful since she'd already had five kids.

The week between Christmas and new year was always rather boring. Athena tried to find different ways to fill up her time. She spent more time at Sirius' and Kennedy's apartment having realised the lack of time she spent with Kennedy nowadays.

There wasn't a whole lot to talk about anymore, they were stuck in a repeated pattern of life. Every week felt the same, Athena would go to work, have the meeting on Sunday and attempt to fill her days listening to Remus play bass, visit her friends or pour over a book about sign language.

She wasn't sure whether she wanted this to change because she didn't know what this change would include. If it would bring happier days where fear wasn't hanging like mist over everyone's lives then she'd pray for it however if this change plummeted them into an even worse situation she'd rather stay well away.

On Monday she came back from Sirius and Kennedy's to see that Remus was back at it with the bass. He'd learnt the riff of a Led Zeppelin song and now wouldn't stop playing it, he was just proud of himself but the sound was now carved into Athena's mind. She found herself tapping the tune on every surface that she was near.