(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) the imposters

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA SPENT A LONG TIME AT THE LONGBOTTOM RESIDENCE. It was freeing in a way, being able to forget things actually going on plus Frank made really good eggs.

She liked spending time with Neville too however she was still in shock that Alice had trusted her enough to make her godmother. Athena felt very grateful over this especially when she had been playing with Neville who was completely adorable.

However she couldn't ignore life forever even if she tried. After a few hours at their house, Athena had returned home. She felt happier and less anxious about how talking to Remus was going to go after yesterdays happenings.

She walked into the kitchen to see him sitting behind a newspaper. Remus wasn't good at cooking his own breakfast. He loved pancakes but he was terrible at making them himself, he'd always burn them. Instead he sat in front of a bowl of Cheerios, stirring them lightly with his spoon as he read the paper.

He didn't see Athena at first, or maybe he was simply ignoring her. However after she placed her bag down into the corner chair he looked up in surprise.

"You're back" he smiled lightly, "saw your note, good time?"

"Yeah it was nice" Athena nodded, "Neville is just the cutest thing, you have to meet him"

"Don't let Harry here you say that" Remus laughed lightly, now placing down the paper. As he did so Athena saw the name DACRE printed in bold.

She took it from the island and opened it up to find the article. Dacre had killed an entire family in Surrey.

"He needs to be stopped" Athena sighed loudly as she snapped the paper down again.

"Yeah I know" Remus agreed, "he will be though, this'll all be over eventually"

"Alice made me Neville's godmother you know" Athena smiled, not wanting to break into a war discussion straight away.

"Oh that's great" Remus grinned, "it seems people are just lining up to make you godmother"

"It must be my trustworthy and respectable aura" Athena nodded in agreement, "I'm just the perfect candidate"

"Yes I'm sure" Remus laughed lightly. Athena smiled again as she moved to sit in the chair next to him, resting her hands on her chin and averting her gaze to some pigeons having a fight outside. Zoning out on the birds, she found herself rather entertained.

"Rena?" She turned, dragging her eyes away from the window as she stared at Remus. He looked nervous and Athena expected that she knew what was coming.

"If you're going to talk about the war—"

"We have to talk about it sometime Rena, it isn't just going to go away that easily"