(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) the department of mysteries

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

DUMBLEDORE THREW THE FIRST HIT, Athena should have realised that they were about to be plummeted into a fight however she hadn't. Stumbling backwards down the steps of the hollowed room, she grasped her wand and darted it around trying to pick a target.

She wasn't necessarily scared for herself. Athena knew that when she was prepared, no spell could actually harm her. Of course she hadn't tried this on all spells yet her intuition and gut feeling suggested that this would be the case.

However as she watched her friends firing their own spells, darting out of the way of curses and wearing expressions of panic Athena suddenly felt very uneasy.

They were all entering the room now. Athena wasn't even sure why they needed to fight. It was evident that without Athena, Voldemort didn't know which room the prophecy was actually in and considering the walls spun every time they tried a new room, it was going to take him a hell of a long time to find it. Too long.

Finally someone had sprung forward to duel Athena. So far her eyes had been transfixed on her brother. Archer may be of age now but she still thought him too young to be here surrounded by them, especially when he didn't believe their values.

However Archer was duelling Fabian with a lot of skill. Athena just hoped that Fabian wouldn't hurt him. She knew that Dacre wouldn't care about hurting Athena's friends to keep up his act as long as she didn't get hurt. In her mind Archer was different, she didn't want to believe that he was as careless as his father, as their father.

The death eater that had ran forward to take on Athena was the lanky one with dark hair. His eyes were wild with a certain madness. Athena didn't recognise him from Vulpes manor and she wondered what his story was.

"Kill her Barty!" Bellatrix yelled, "finish her!"

The man named Barty seemed even more excited by this statement and Athena wanted to laugh in his face and tell him that there was no chance that he could ever kill her, at least not today.

However Athena was also nervous about Voldemort learning her ability. If he found out that she couldn't be killed, she worried that he'd do something worse. Like torture her again.

The duel between her and Barty broke out. He was fast but not too fast. Athena had picked up a few things over the past year not just from reading but also through testing out her spell work.

There wasn't any shouting of spells, it was evident that everyone in this room knew non verbal magic. Athena kept shooting wary glances to her friends as the whispering of the archway filled her ears.

The archway. The bridge between life and death. Athena immediately realised that it would be a good idea to stay far away from that. Why they had to end up in this room, Athena didn't know. Evidently it had been her to choose this door and now she very much wished that she hadn't.