(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏) vulpes manor

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

APPARITION WAS A HORRIBLE FEELING. Athena felt as though she had been squeezed through an extremely tight tube, all the air in her body gone as she was yanked through the darkness by a cold and icy hand. She tried to scream but no noise came, as though she was fighting to escape from drowning in some deep ocean.

Then as quick as it had begun, the feeling stopped. Athena lapped up the air into her lungs like a dog drinking water. Hazy vision betrayed her as the girl blinked standing shaking on her feet. Her skin pricked in the cold air and in her hands still weighed her trunk and Loki's cage.

The owl was hooting wildly evidently liking the experience of apparition even less than she did. Athena looked up as the fog in front of her eyes cleared. Before her sat a dark shape illuminated by the grey sky light.

It was a house, or more accurately a mansion standing tall above the ground. The building didn't look friendly, it was dark and had a haunted air around it. Before a large stone path stood an iron gate that creaked in the wind.

"Where are we?" Athena asked, her voice shaking as she turned to Kennedy. The girl was paler than ever, her skin almost translucent and she didn't look dissimilar from a Hogwarts ghost. Her icy hand was still gripped on Athena's arm as though she was her lifeline. In many ways she was.

"My humble abode" Kennedy muttered, "Vulpes manor"

"Kennedy please" Athena whined as she pulled back against her vice-like grip, "please just say I escaped"

"They're not stupid" Kennedy spat, "they don't trust me Athena"

"I'm your friend" Athena pleaded, "I thought I was your best friend"

"You are" Kennedy snapped, "god sake Rena don't be so selfish"

"What?"

"Do you want me to fucking die?"

"No of course not" Athena sobbed, tears streaming her vision as her head began to spin.

You had this coming

If you'd only listened

This is your fault

"Then I have to do this" Kennedy stated simply, "I don't have another choice"
Athena couldn't find the words to say as the brunette tightened her grip on her arm and began to drag her towards the gates.

"They're not going to kill you" Kennedy told her again. This didn't comfort Athena because she knew most of the death eater tactics were a lot worse than death. Torture for instance, she'd seen what that had done to Sirius.

"The order will come for me" Athena told the girl as the iron dates creaked open with a deafening sound that felt almost like the screams of hell itself.