(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟏) midnight in paris

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE FIRST WEEK OF PARIS couldn't be considered a mission at all. In fact the group were enjoying themselves a little too much. Athena had officially caved in and ended up travelling to the middle of the Eiffel Tower (not the top because that was way too far).

It wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Even though she was shaking slightly, she kept tight ahold of Remus the entire time. The views over Paris made the whole thing worth it.

After the first day of splitting off on their own, the group stuck together. It was less likely that they'd bump into Dacre when they weren't covering as much ground however it was also more fun being able to spend time with each other.

Athena had been checking the crystal ball every day (mainly because Lily was very stressed that they were in Paris for a mission with absolutely no plan on what they were doing). However she just kept seeing the exact same image of Dacre walking around Paris. He wasn't even in a specific location in the image which made it even harder.

Other than being typical tourists, the group would sit around in the too clean apartment dancing to music, listening to Remus play piano and playing different card games (some of which James definitely made up).

Athena hoped that after the war was finished they would get the opportunity to go on holidays again. This time with Sirius, Kennedy and Peter. Everyone else would include Mary in this statement however there were obvious reasons why Athena did not.

Even though they hadn't agreed to these holidays, Athena couldn't help but cast her mind to them in her spare time. It comforted her, thinking about the war ending. Imagining being able to live freely with her friends, being able to marry Remus. It felt like the beginning of her life even though she was already alive.

The end of the first week of Paris brought about Remus and Athena's birthdays. It had almost slipped her mind that she was turning nineteen. The last year of being a teenager felt almost bittersweet. She hadn't exactly had a perfect teenage life but she wouldn't say it had been bad.

In celebration, they spent the day on a river cruise. The sun had come out that day and the six of them sat at the back of the boat with smiles on their faces as Marlene took many pictures on her disposable camera. She'd bought a couple more having used up the photos in the first one after two days.

At night they went out for a meal in the restaurant that Dorcas had been eyeing. Athena dressed in a black slip dress and a fluffy leopard print coat that travelled to her knees.

She felt as though she fitted in as the group walked in laughs and smiles through Paris. One of the best things to see in the city was the Eiffel Tower being lit up. It glowed a gorgeous gold over the buildings.

Every hour it would perform some sort of light show. Athena thought this was beautiful. It was like twinkling fairly lights had been placed all over the large sculpture and they flashed bright as the group walked past.