(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎) numb

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA FELT EMPTY. She now fully understood how Remus had felt when his mother had died, she understood why he couldn't cry because right now she couldn't either.

It didn't feel real, she kept expecting to wake up or for someone to tell her that he was simply stunned rather than killed. He couldn't be dead, he just couldn't.

She was going to help him, she was going to save him and now she would never be able to.

The mission had been a success but right now that was the least of Athena's worries. Voldemort hadn't managed to get the prophecy because the aurors had shown up and the dark Lord definitely wasn't stupid enough to hang around and risk himself getting caught.

The ministry hadn't upped their security since the event but the order were beginning to place order members on watch to make sure he didn't try and steal it again. Athena thought the ministry were being extremely ignorant by not sorting their evident security issues out and she hoped this wouldn't lead to further issues regarding the war.

However although Voldemort hadn't got his hands on the prophecy, there had been an attack on Hogwarts. No one had been hurt and the culprits had been discovered (although they got away before they had been reprimanded). It seems that there had been students inside the school on Voldemort's side which put into perspective how many minds he was corrupting.

They had stolen Hufflepuff's cup, the one which had been safely stored in Dumbledore's office since they had retrieved it in Paris. It was evident that Voldemort wanted this cup if he went through this much trouble to get it.

The order had figured out that Voldemort was making horcruxes and it has been presumed that this cup was going to be one of them. This was pretty much confirmed the following day when Athena's eyes skated over the title of the Daily Prophet.

VOLDEMORT KILLS AGAIN

However the shock came as Athena continued to read the article. Her heart sunk as she saw the name Tommy Halliday printed in black and white. Tommy had been in Ravenclaw with Athena and although she'd never known him that well it felt extremely strange to see him gone.

He had been a twin, Athena had always been closer with his sister Tessa. She had helped her out more than Athena could help her and always provided support when it was needed. Athena knew that Tessa must be in a wreck right now, Athena couldn't think of much worse that losing a twin.

She wished that she could visit her however she had not been in contact with the girl since Hogwarts and henceforth had no idea where she lived or where she could find her. Anyway, Athena doubted she would be good for condolence right now considering the grief she was feeling herself.

The night of the department of mysteries battle, the death eaters had lost two on their side. Athena had killed one of them but she didn't much care, it didn't hurt to kill someone so rotten, someone who wouldn't even think twice about killing her.