(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) thestrals

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"MARLENE THINKS IT'S WEIRD" Dorcas complained as the two of them walked down to the outskirts of the forest, "I tried to explain it was just because of how I presented myself but I don't think she believed me"

"That doesn't mean she'll figure it out" Athena assured her friend, "there could be thousands of other reasons why that was your boggart".
"Yeah but none that she'll believe".

Remus and Mary were walking a way in front of them with their hands entwined. Athena had decided to believe her friends story about being afraid of the dark because he'd made the promise. Sure she'd broken a promise before but she didn't expect him to.

Behind them walked Sirius, James and Lily. Peter and Marlene didn't take care of magical creatures as they instead took arithmancy which sounded dreadfully boring. It was the study of numbers and the use of these to predict the future but Athena believed she had enough predictions made in divination.

Professor Kettleburn was already waiting outside of the forest, he was a peculiar teacher with blonde hair and an extravagant moustache. However the most interesting thing about him may be the fact that he had two mechanical limbs where his right leg and left arm used to be.

He never talked about how he lost them however it was presumed that it had something to do with his obsession for dangerous beasts.

It was also a well known fact that he cared a lot more about the animals than the students.

As the group piled together Athena finally noticed that there were three of the skeletal black horses standing rustling their leathery wings in the sunlight.

Despite seeing them every year since she started school, Athena still didn't know anything about these horses, though she found them completely fascinating.

"They're weird aren't they" Athena laughed to Dorcas who just frowned at her in confusion,

"Who?"

"The horses" Rena laughed as she pointed at the clearing where they were standing.

"Where are the horses?" Mary asked as she turned around,

"Remus tell your girlfriend to stop being an idiot" Athena laughed and Mary seemed quite disgruntled,

"Rena" Remus drowned, "there are no horses?"

"Yes there are they are right there" Athena snapped,

"Well nobody else can see them" Mary huffed, "maybe you're losing your grip, not going to pass out again are you?"