(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) atop the hill

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HADN'T BEEN SURPRISED THAT SHE made it into the castle. She was sure that Dumbledore had seen her coming. She walked effortlessly through the front doors and stormed with fury through the halls.

She didn't see anyone, the students were in bed and the teachers probably resting after a long day. Athena was alive with anger. Seeing Remus injured had spurred her on and ,as usual, she blamed Dumbledore. Athena knew that Dumbledore had an inkling that they were working with Voldemort. In fact, more than an inkling. Athena was sure that Dumbledore had known exactly what was going to happen.

She arrived outside of the headmasters office not knowing what the password was. Athena stared at the stone gargoyle for a moment.

"Let me in" she stated simply. As though expecting her, the gargoyle moved aside.

Athena stormed up the stairs and into the office. Dumbledore was sat behind his desk looking as innocent as ever with a small pleasant smile.

"Good evening Miss Sinistra, I saw you coming"

"Of course you did" Athena snapped, "you knew that the wolves were on his side! You knew that Remus was bound to get hurt and you sent him anyway"

"I assume that Mr Lupin has returned?"

"Obviously he's returned" Athena yelled, "and he's injured, they figured him out but you already knew they'd do that didn't you?"

"I had to be sure that they were on his side"

"But you already knew, don't pretend" Athena laughed, "you always think that you're right"

"Well I usually am" Dumbledore replied. Athena wanted to punch him, she really really wanted to hurt him.

"You put Remus in danger for no reason!"

"Remus knew the dangers when he agreed to go"

"You manipulated him" Athena replied, "you always do!",

"I assure you I did no such thing, even ask Mr Lupin... did he ask you to come here?",

"No he didn't want me to"

"Did you stop and think why that might be?"

"Don't patronise me" Athena scoffed, "he's too nice for his own good sometimes, I on the other hand know exactly what you're like"

"Do you now?" Dumbledore chuckled, "I assure you Athena I had absolutely no bad intentions, I did not want Mr Lupin hurt"

"But you knew he was going to get hurt!"

"I apologise for doing what I had to do—"

"Oh don't give me that crap"

"Miss Sinistra" Dumbledore sighed, "I appreciate that you're angry but now isn't the time"