(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) letting her go

(Tw - mentions of suicide and dark thoughts in this chapter) ☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"DORCAS YOU HAVE TO LET HER GO" Kingsley sighed. It had been about twenty minutes since Athena and Dorcas had found Marlene dead and Dorcas was inconsolable. She was hanging onto Marlene for dear life and crying to the point that her lungs must be aching.

"NO" Dorcas cried as she held onto her love tighter. Athena moved away from Remus, seeing everyone turn to her. Even Sirius gazed at her in sympathy rather than the anger he had shown towards her at the order meeting the previous day.

She placed her hand lightly on Dorcas' shoulder and the girl looked up through large tear filled eyes.

"Don't make me leave her Rena" Dorcas shook her head, "I don't want her to be alone"

"She's not alone" Athena smiled as she crouched beside her friend, "she's up there... with Gid and Fab, they'll look after her Dorcas"

"But she should be with me" Dorcas murmured as teardrops fell onto Marlene's hair.

"She'll always be with you Dorcas" Athena murmured, "she'll always be with you" Dorcas looked up at Athena and nodded.

She picked up the body of Marlene in her arms and stared down at her.

"I love you so much" Dorcas whispered as she placed her down onto the bed, her curls so perfectly placed that she looked like sleeping beauty.

"We'll take care of her" Kingsley smiled sympathetically.

"Let's get you home, ok?" Athena wrapped her arm around Dorcas and let the girl lay against her. Remus stared at the two of them with a questioning glance, he was seeing whether she needed help but Athena was sure that Dorcas didn't want to be crowded right now so she shook her head.

Athena didn't have time to cry or scream anymore, she pushed her grief to the side for the time being and concentrated on Dorcas who was still crying softly into her shoulder. Turning on her heel, Athena apperated back to the apartment they had been in less than an hour ago.

Dorcas stumbled forwards and leant on the dining room chair where Marlene's patronus had formed. Then her eyes moved to the cherry pie, probably cold now.

"Something for her to come back to" Dorcas murmured. Athena felt her heart break yet again as she saw Dorcas stare at the pie, imaging Marlene's face light into a smile when she came home and saw it.

"I'm so sorry" Athena sighed. Dorcas pulled the chair out and fell into it, burying her face into her arms as her back began to shake again.

"Why her?" Dorcas asked, "what did she do to deserve this?"

"She didn't deserve this" Athena told her, "of course she didn't Dorcas"

"We were supposed to have a life!" Dorcas cried out, "we were supposed to adopt, there were so many places we wanted to go... after the war... we were going to go to Paris"