(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) anger

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WORE REMUS' GRYFFINDOR JUMPER ON THE DAY OF THE MATCH. It was too big for her, the sleeves fell past her hands and the material ended somewhere over her thighs. Despite this, she loved it. It smelt just like him and almost felt as though he was giving her a constant hug.

They walked down hand in hand and a part of Athena wished that he didn't have to commentate the match as that way she'd get to sit with him. However, she doubted anyone would be able to talk through the match like he did. Remus provided the sarcastic humour that kept Athena entertained even if she didn't much enjoy the sport.

It was the first match of the season for Gryffindor's. Ravenclaw and Slytherin had already faced off a couple of weeks ago (resulting in a Slytherin victory). Today Gryffindor were playing Hufflepuff's which was evident from the sea of red and yellow filling the walk down.

Kennedy wasn't dressed in any house colours. She had been happy for Slytherin victory of course (especially as she had been the one to earn it). Now she wasn't playing favourites even if she was friends with a bunch of Gryffindor's. Instead she wore black and Athena was happy to see the smudges of eyeliner present over her waterline.

The grass was as muddy as it had been a few weeks ago when Athena had found Kennedy lying face down in the lake. She hadn't felt the same since then, almost worried that there was something her friend wasn't telling her. Something lying below the surface.

Athena waved goodbye to Remus as he walked to the teacher stands while she moved on with the rest of the group. Peter was with his girlfriend Flora (which was only slightly awkward considering she was a Hufflepuff and supporting the other team). This left Lily, Mary, Sirius and Kennedy who all traipsed up the wooden stairs and found their seats within the stands.

Lily and Mary sat together behind the other three. Athena forcibly sat herself in between the other too sensing that some argument may spiral if she didn't. Athena couldn't remember a time when Kennedy and Sirius didn't hate each other, probably because such time didn't exist.

Kennedy claimed that Sirius had bullied her first, calling her a freak and an evil psycho. Sirius claimed that Kennedy had started it by taking the piss out of his family and calling him a traitor and a fake Gryffindor. Which one of these stories was correct, Athena didn't know however whatever happened had stuck with the two of them for years.

Despite being completely different in many ways, the two of them did have some peculiar similarities. The main one came in the form of their families, both abusive, both cruel and both supporters of the dark Lord. Just as Orion and Walburga Black had demanded Sirius be in Slytherin, Kennedy's parents had expected her to be in Ravenclaw (which had evidently not happened). Therefore both of them had been dubbed disappointments by the people who were supposed to care about them most.

"How's James fairing up?" Athena asked. James usually got extremely stressed before a game as he believed he had to prove himself as the 'best Gryffindor captain ever'. Personally Athena believed that he'd already done this through winning Gryffindor the house cup two years in a row.