(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟏) marlene's party

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

Athena had to leave the day after Sirius arrived, he'd been alright when she'd gone. The colour had returned to his face and his hair wasn't as limp and damp as it had been, the bruise on his jaw was healing and all in all he was more back to himself.

Of course Athena only had a few more days off until she had to go back to school which was a relief to her as she missed her friends already. The girl spent these days working as due to the awful weather there wasn't much else to do. Exams stressed her out as they did with most people so she relished in the opportunity to get something done.

They went back on the 5th of April which happened to be the week of Marlene's birthday. To the blonde girls excitement, her sixteenth ended up being on the Friday and she made sure to tell everyone that she'd be having an absolutely excellent party.

Athena had arrived to Kings Cross train station with her sister who was just acting as childish as ever. Rena wasn't entirely sure what was wrong with her but decided not to ask as they walked silently through the barrier and onto platform 9 and 3/4.

Marlene and Dorcas weren't difficult to find, they were talking loudly and happily about their Paris trip and Dorcas was displaying a new pair of shiny periwinkle boots that she had propped up on the seat opposite her so that everyone could see them.

Marlene showed everyone a bunch of photos she had taken on a muggle disposable camera, she'd had them developed and they looked retro with tints of orange and blue warped in with the colour of the photos.

It seemed finally everything was back to normal. Sirius was still shaken from what had happened to him but he seemed to relax when Rena held tightly onto his hand.

The first week back at school was as boring and as stressful as ever. With exams happening that term there was a lot to do in a short space of time. Athena wished that she had started to revise earlier as it would have made her life a lot easier.

Lily spent most of her time out of lessons in the library and Athena rarely saw her without a book in hand. Sirius seemed to be taking the laid back route which involved 'not caring' he seemed to be doing that a lot recently but for some reason he always seemed to get top marks on a lot of his mock exams.

The weather was still in a pitiful state meaning all care of magical creatures lessons had to take part indoors. This was a shame as usually the lesson was made enjoyable by being more practical, it turned boring when everyone was just shut up inside taking notes.

James was still determined to get as much quidditch practice in as possible. Due to unfortunate circumstances two out of three of the Gryffindor games were in this term as the time table was based off winnings rather than a fair spread out schedule.