(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟑) amortentia

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HAD DECIDED TO STICK TO AURORAS PLAN because it meant that she wouldn't have to avoid her friends. After all avoiding everyone seemed rather melodramatic even though it was the solution to all of the girls problems.

She'd pretended as though nothing had happened, sitting in the common room as usual and eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with her regular group. Remus so far hadn't said or done anything about it.

He hadn't spoken to her or apologised to her (which was what Athena had expected him to do). When she thought too much into it she wondered whether he needed to apologise, sure he was out of order but did he see it that way?

The girl tried to distract herself by talking to everyone else in the group. Remus was usually quieter anyway, in comparison to James and Sirius who were always desperate to be the centre of attention.

No one mentioned the argument (much to Athena's relief). In fact it seemed that everyone had followed her lead in moving on. This was of course, except for Remus. Maybe if Athena had spoken to him first it may have worked out however she had too much pride to do that.

Therefore she'd left him alone, her locket was still sitting in her bedside table and for now that's where it was going to stay. It's not as though Athena had a lot of time to worry about it. After all the teachers were swamping them with work all of the time meaning Athena found herself seeing the walls of the library more than she would like.

Athena rather enjoyed having her sister back at the school. She'd only been gone for a term and a half but it felt like a lot longer. However it was weird seeing her walking around in smart colourful robes rather than her Ravenclaw uniform.

She'd been watching over astronomy lessons most of the time, including Athena's class. Rena didn't mind her being there, it didn't distract her too much instead she was just hoping that Professor Calypso would retire soon so her sister could take up the position.

The final Gryffindor quidditch match wasn't for another month or so. It was due to take place towards the end of April however this didn't mean that James was laying back and relaxing.

The Gryffindor win hadn't given him any more confidence of an overall victory. He had doubled training to ensure he kept his title as the 'best Gryffindor quidditch captain ever'.

Athena thought that he had already proven that he was a great captain however by the rate of his training sessions he was going to lose half his team. Dorcas seemed sick to death of flying around in the cold air three hours a week. She'd complained about it so much that Athena could predict exactly what she was going to say.

However despite Gryffindor not playing for another month, there were still other matches. Athena went to all of the quidditch matches (usually because her friends would drag her) but she found even less enjoyment in the other matches than the Gryffindor ones, which was saying something.