(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎) the story of mary macdonald

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE TERRIBLE FEELING STOPPED IN A MATTER OF SECONDS Athena barely registered where they were before she raised her wand again. Mary was one step ahead having been the one to initiate the apparition. Her wand flew over the other side of the room and it was then she realised where Mary had taken her.

They were standing in Rosemary cottage, Athena's first home. She was so taken aback that she wasn't even frightened anymore. She saw that they were in Archer's room. Athena's eyes drifted to the bed and she saw the image of her Aunt lying there, the memory made her feel sick.

"Why are we here?" Athena asked, "you going to kill me?"

"Of course I'm going to kill you" Mary spat, "your such an annoyance to me Sinistra but before you die I'm going to tell you the truth because I know it'll annoy you that you'll never be able to tell the silly little order".

Athena clenched her fists, Mary's wand was pointed at her so fiercely that she couldn't even think about moving.

"Why are we here?" Athena asked again,

"You'll see" Mary replied, "take a seat"

The brunette conjured an uncomfortable wooden chair from thin air and fashioned herself a more comfortable arm chair. Athena sat down slowly, confusion didn't quite cover what she was feeling.

"When did you join them?" Athena asked, "I presume I'm getting the full story?"

"Of course you are" Mary smiled in fake sweetness, "I joined in fifth year, or at least I agreed to join in fifth year, officially I had to wait until I was seventeen which is a bunch of bullshit"

"Fifth year?" Athena gasped, "but... you were still with Remus?"

"Oh the wolf" she snorted, "that was just a bit of fun really... I never liked you Rena, from day one I knew exactly what you were like"

"What am I like then?" Athena raised her eyebrows,

"You think you're smarter than everyone else, you think you know best but you don't... you're not as smart as everyone makes out"

"So you dated Remus to spite me?" Athena scoffed, "is that it?"

"No at the beginning I was only twelve, young and ridiculously infatuated in the idea of romance but that wore off around third year when I realised there were more important things in life"

"So you just lied to him?"

"I doubt I broke his heart Rena" Mary laughed, "I didn't just string him along to spite you I suppose that was just extra"

"So you hated me because I think I'm smart?" Athena mused, "pretty stupid thing to hold a grudge over, don't you think?",

"You're exactly like my mother" Mary continued, "my mother's a charming woman when she's not taking her anger out on me"