(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎) drunk talk

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

GRYFFINDOR HAD THEIR FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH ON OCTOBER 6TH. James hadn't been talking about much else which was the only reason why Athena was interested.

Since the whole ordeal with Mary took place, everyone had been trying to act as they usually did however this was hindered by the fact that it always felt as though there was someone missing. Of course that was because there was someone missing but it wasn't as though anyone wanted Mary to be there.

Remus hadn't been himself either, to be fair he was usually quite quiet in comparison to James or Sirius. Yet at the moment he seemed to be determined to blend into the shadows and go unnoticed by anyone in the group.

Athena noticed him of course. She could tell he was upset but he wasn't going to show anyone that. What made Athena sad was the fact that he wasn't upset about Mary but more the fact that he believed her leaving him proved that no one could ever want to go out with him.

Gryffindor was playing Slytherin. James didn't seem as confident as he usually did, the captain always saw Slytherin as their biggest competitor even though they had beaten them last year. In fact they'd done brilliant last year, only losing to Hufflepuff because Marlene fell off her broom.

This year they didn't have Frank (which seemed to be worrying James a bit) but they did have Dorcas. She may be new to the pitch but no one could deny that the girl was good.

The group walked down to the stands rather early in the morning. There was even less of them now. Mary wasn't sitting with them, in fact no one had seen her much except for at dinner and in lessons. Dorcas was playing and Remus was still commentating.

This left Lily, Peter, Sirius and Athena to find a seat (which evidently wasn't that difficult). Athena sat in the middle of Lily and Sirius as she pulled a hat over her head to protect her ears from the cold. The weather was ridiculously cold this year. It felt like mid December rather than the beginning of October.

"At least we don't have any of the win by 180 points rubbish this time" Lily smiled, "that was too stressful"

"True" Peter said, "but it would be useful for them to catch the snitch"

"Of course we'll catch the snitch" Athena smiled, "we have Marlene"

"Kennedy is good though" Peter continued, "plus we don't have Sirius as a beater this year"

Sirius looked rather glum watching the match when he wasn't in it. However he never said anything about this, instead he just pretended to be excited for James which was all he could do really.