(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) mckinnon

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA FOUND HERSELF KNOCKING ON MARLENE AND DORCAS' apartment door after her shift the following day. Remus was in a bad mood, in fact he was in a terrible mood and Athena was sick of being at the end of it.

The moon was of course the influence. As January crawled on its shining light had just become bigger and bigger to the point where it was only two days until his transformation.

Remus didn't want to take it out on Athena, the problem was that he had no one else to take it out on. He'd considered going around to see Sirius and Kennedy just to yell at them however deciding this wasn't the best plan, Athena was really the only person that he saw.

Tensions were continuing to soar in the order meetings, Athena had come very close to telling Remus that Peter was the imposter since he was talking to him so much. However apart from the fact that Dumbledore had told her not to, she also understood why it would be a bad idea if the order found out about Peter.

As much as Athena hated to admit it, Lily and James needed to die and Peter was the answer to this. Unless she wanted to sit back knowing that everyone dying could be prevented, she had to accept that Peter remaining a secret was essential.

Of course Peter hadn't been made the secret keeper yet, Dumbledore was working slowly which seemed to go against everything he'd previously said however they had to be smart about this. If anyone figured out what was going on everything would collapse before their eyes.

Athena presumed she also wasn't being the easiest person to live with, it was becoming very hard to fake emotions and since she was feeling numb a lot of the time talking to her was an awful lot like talking to a ghost. Remus knew when he was arguing, he was talking to himself. Her eyes would often be clouded off and her mind was somewhere else entirely.

Therefore, after a long day at work the last thing that Athena wanted to do was go home and deal with this all over again. Remus needed some time to himself so he could calm down and Athena was perfectly happy to not get in the way of this.

So after her shift, Athena was knocking on the apartment belonging to Marlene and Dorcas. These two girls were like her escape, they never failed to make her feel something which was a pleasant removal from her emotionally inept state.

They'd always been more alive with emotion than the others, even in this increasingly dark time they could smile and act like everything was alright. Athena wished that she could do this. Maybe things would be easier if she was successfully able to forget what was really happening.

The door opened and Dorcas was standing there wearing an apron. There was a faint haze of smoke around as she waved some oven gloves through the air to disperse it.

"Oh hi Rena" she grinned, "come in, I'm making a pie but it's not going too well"

Athena forced a smile as she followed Dorcas into the apartment and shut the door behind her.