(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) the photo

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"SOMETIMES I THINK THAT THIS IS NEVER GOING TO BE OVER" Remus said to Athena. He looked up at her and she wanted to provide some solace to his words but how could she when she completely agreed, when she had been thinking the exact same thing herself?

"It has to" Athena whispered in return as she reached forwards and took his hand in hers, "because I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't"

The new year had started now. 1981. It seemed incredibly weird that this was probably going to be the year to tear Athena apart. Of course she didn't know this for sure but it made sense. Harry had still been young in the vision that she had seen, not as young as he was now but still small.

Athena supposed they probably still had some time left but she didn't know how long. It's not that she wanted to know, counting down to the event would just make everything worse.

She hadn't seen Sirius and Kennedy since Christmas and she didn't want to. Kennedy had never outwardly said that she believed it to be Remus until then and Athena felt oddly betrayed because she'd hoped Kennedy would be on her side.

Remus and Athena had seen Marlene and Dorcas a lot. Athena felt bad for kicking them out along with everyone else, she had just been sick of pretending and getting rid of them felt like the best option. Of course Dorcas and Marlene hadn't been the problem they'd just got caught up in the fire.

However they weren't upset about this, they seemed to understand why Athena had lost it. She hadn't meant to, Remus and Sirius fighting was simply just something she couldn't deal with anymore. It was driving her over the edge.

She wanted to sit them both down and tell them that neither of them were the imposters but she wasn't allowed to do this. Therefore she simply had to sit back and watch them fight knowing that it was all for nothing. However she supposed they would figure it out at some point.

Until then she had to know that they were going at each other for nothing. However she was glad that she knew it wasn't Sirius, things would be a lot more difficult if she blamed him as well.

"I think it'll get easier" Athena murmured, more to herself than Remus because he didn't even know what was going to happen, "I think it's going to get really bad Remus... I think it's going to be terrible but there must be a way out at some point"

"People don't come out of a war perfect" Remus replied, "wars don't just end straight away... I think people are forgetting that"

"Yeah I agree" Athena nodded, "people will need to recover, it won't just go back to normal... I don't even know what normals like"

"I heard about the war in fifth year" Remus told her, "during the summer before, I heard what it was really like... but I think thing were still normal after that, don't you?"