(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) eavesdropping

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HAS BEEN RIGHT TO ASSUME THAT THINGS wouldn't get easier anytime soon. Work was a distraction however the time she spent by herself was like a punishment.

Her mind loved tearing her apart and she wasn't making her pain any better. She'd stumbled on the book that Remus had told her to write her anxieties down into. Everyone had a new sentence underneath, his sloping writing with the positive words that he had once preached.

Her mind was still attacking her whenever it could get the chance however writing it down no longer helped, it just meant that she'd had to read it again. The first week after it had ended she busied herself cleaning the house however by the following Saturday this task had been completed and there wasn't much else she could do.

Athena didn't attend the order meeting on that Sunday, after her breakdown at Frank and Alice's she would rather not have to go through that again. Marlene and Dorcas came over in the afternoon to spend some time with her.

What concerned the girls the most was how normal Athena was acting. She was shielding herself way at an attempt to avoid another breakdown. There wasn't much happening with the order, the cup was safe, the locket a work in progress and there were no other ideas to objects Voldemort could be after.

Other than that there had been a few more killings but no one in the order. Mainly muggleborns. Athena recognised some of the names but couldn't attach a face. She wondered whether this was because of her forgetfulness or whether she'd simply never met them.

Athena didn't go to the meeting the next week either. June was now in full flow and Athena had told herself everyday that week that she would be going, she shouldn't have to miss out just because Remus was there. However when the news came that they'd be having the meeting at Remus' new place she decided against it.

She'd been surprised that Remus had bought somewhere to live, Athena had assumed that he would move back in with his parents at least for the time being. Marlene claimed that his house was a small cottage that no muggle wanted due to the extensive renovations needed. However these were easily fixed by magic so this had been no issue to the wizard.

Athena pictured him sitting alone in this small cottage, having to apperate into a field every month and almost tear himself apart. She couldn't stand not being with him but worse was the idea that he was suffering. She cursed herself for caring so much but it was simply who she was.

By the third week of June, Athena decided that she had to stop living in her own isolation. She couldn't hide away forever or she'd never get better. Anyway, all her friends would be there for her.