Little Boys Cry for Wolves

Pulling up to the vet, Xael realized she didn't have collars or leashes for the pups. They would just have to carry them. Shades on, they both got out and went to the back to grab a pup. Before they could make it to the front door, Tank was squirming to get out of Xael's arms. She sat him down and he rushed over to a tree to pee. Done, he ran back to her and begged to be picked up again.  Adam couldn't help but chuckle at the little furball.

"Well, they are definitely not city wolves!"

"No and that's a good thing!"

Inside, the clinic was crowded. Xael held the pups while Adam went up front to fill out paperwork. One of the vet techs that was in the lobby gave her strange looks but she brushed it off.  With Adam now sitting next to her, the couple was an impressive sight and there was no mistaken them for Wolfen. They were both tall and muscular and all the dark shades did was draw more attention to them, the wolf cubs didn't help either. Luckily Tank and Dozer sat on their parents laps and just observed all the commotion. Soon they were called back to one of the exam rooms. While waiting for the Vet, one of the techs came in to get their vitals.

"Hello- wait a minute! Are those real wolf cubs?!"

"No." Both Adam and Xael didn't hesitate in replying. Temperature and weight taken, the technician left but not before giving them both odd looks.

They didn't have long to wait before the Vet came in. He was an older Alpha with fight scars on his face. Tank and Dozer, surprising everyone, couldn't wait to get near him. Tails were wagging and ears pinned down, they ate up all the pets the Vet gave them.

"Well they definitely like you!" Xael was glad that the Vet was at least Wolfen.

"These are two healthy looking cubs!" He picked up Dozer who struggled to lick him in the face as Tank jumped on him from the table, his large front paws on his chest. "Okay boys. Settle." With that they both sat down. The vet leaned over and stared each one in the eyes, his had gone red for some reason but Xael and Adam just let him do his thing. He playfully growled at them and they growled back.

"Hahahaha! These two are as healthy as can be!"

"Good!"

"Well since you live on protected land, I don't see any point in giving them the regular puppy boosters but I will give them something for heartworms and parasites since they were born in the wild."

"Oh thank you so much! We thought they would have to get the regular round of puppy shots."

"If you lived in the city I would suggest it. The shots I'm giving them is just a precaution. What kind of food are you feeding them?"

"Homemade. Boiled meat with some rice and veggies. They have a little bit of dry kibble but they won't get much of that."

"Good, good. The shots might make them a little drowsy. I'd hold off on feeding them until you get home, they might get a little sick to their stomachs."

"Okay."

"Now for the part that's off the record. I'll give you rabies tags and vaccine papers. This is to cover you in case they have a run in with an untrained human."

"Thanks doc." Adam finally spoke and it certainly caught the Vet's attention.

"No problem. That's some voice you got there Alpha."

"Yeah, I know."

Finished up, the Vet gave the pups more pets and Xael hugged him for all that he had done for them. Back at the front, Xael paid and they left, stopping at the pet relief area for the pups to go potty before heading to her grandparents. Xael had texted them earlier about the pups and it was fine. Plus they wanted to meet them.