Back at Grandma's House

Everyone took deep breaths as the sage worked it's healing magic and calmed the situation down. It somewhat naturalized Adam and Xael's scents which was just getting the other males all worked up. Adam relaxed his shoulders as he could feel the atmosphere shift.

"Thanks Ms. Emma."

"Of course dear. Now that you Alphas have calmed down, we can have a conversation." She sat down in her chair and gave Skylar a peck to the cheek.

"So what all did Grams tell you son?"

"Let's see, Great Alpha and Luna, eye color permanent, Stronger, faster, better senses..." Adam felt it best not to even mention the possible immortal nonsense. "We're still trying to figure things out but I really need to focus on controlling my scent so Xael is out of heat"

"She's in heat? NOW?!" Ms. Emma was worried.

"Yeah, pretty much. But it's different now, otherwise you wouldn't even be in the house. That's why her ears and tail are out, when she's in heat they appear."

"This is a lot to digest." Skylar was just shaking his head and his empty beer bottle when he say Adam take notice of it. "Eh! You just sit there super speedy, I'll get it myself." Adam was finally able to crack a smile.

"So are the pups part natural wolf or Spirit Wolf?" Ms. Emma wanted to hold one of the little bundles but kept her distance.

"I don't really know, natural wolf I guess. But I agree with Skylar. They haven't been with the pack long enough to have pups by now."

"They could be abandoned females or their Mates have been killed, but I don't see that happening, not if they're with the Spirit wolves." Ms. Emma shook one of the stuffed toys at one of the little ones but he didn't dare leave his momma's side. "Well they have certainly bonded with you two and are very protective of Xael."

"Yeah, I noticed that. She said her boys were the same way. I'm sure they'll warm up to everyone soon enough."

"So what's with sleeping on the floor?"

"Oh Wes! You know how much Xael used to love to do that when she was little."

"Ha, I forgot all about that. Well Shado, just let me know when you're able to return to the station. I must say, to live to see a Great Alpha, it's a rare honor."

"You two better get ready for all the attention that's going to come your way."

"I know Ms. Emma. Until we get used to things, I think we're going to just stick to town and keep a low profile. It's not something I plan on broadcasting but I'm not hiding it either."

"Adam, have you told your mom any of this."

"No and I have no intention of telling her and would appreciate it if you didn't either."

"Trust me, if I don't have to talk or deal with her, it's fine by me."

"Thanks dad."

"If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. Seems I need to have a good 'ol sit down with Grams tomorrow."

"I second that Adam. If you two need anything, just say so."

"We will Skylar. Right now we're just trying to get used to everything and get back to somewhat normal."

"Well, you two come over for dinner and bring the little ones. The diner is closed tomorrow so we are going to enjoy it. Dentin and Kai left for a few weeks to take care of some things back home. Daven, you're welcomed to come by also."