Getting Settled #2

With the additions done to the reno work, Xael and her Grams got busy on making a list for Costco. Xael also suggested they get the bathroom vanity, sink and other items from Ikea. Ms. Emma also wanted to see what all Costco had for the diner to since they were there.  Xael contacted the market and Hilgers to let them know that they would pick up their orders shortly.  By the time they had finished all of that, the guys were heading back over. Ms. Emma was happy to get the day started as the two of them went to greet their Alphas.

"Wait a minute Grams, how come you two are done bonding already?"

"When you're older dear, there's no need to go at it like rabbits."

"Ohhh!" Xael did a silly little dance as the males walked in.

"What are you doing!?"

"Nothing..." Xael gave Adam a look that said 'mind your damn business'.

"We ready to go?" Skylar was eager to drive his truck to see how it handled.

"Yes, but there's a slight change of plans, I need to go to Ikea! The diner is getting new bathrooms!" Grams was giddy like a little kid.  Adam just looked at Xael a little confused.

{She wants to update the bathrooms.}

{Ohhh I see}

The repeat trip to the city went well. Grams picked out the items she wanted from ikea. Chris and Eli had told her earlier to pick what she wanted and have it shipped to them. Four new vanities, sinks, mirrors and toilets later,  Xael insisted on paying for everything as she also got new food containers for her Grams also. Again Ms. Emma shed a little tear.  Next stop was Costco.  Instead of getting a cart, Xael got one of the dollies.  They got plenty of rice, flour, beans and other dry goods along with toilet paper and other items to split between them.  Xael was going to  pay for it but Grams put her foot down and Xael allowed her to pay for half of it.

The Native Market was a quick and easy stop as everything was ready for them. Xael had paid for everything ahead of time, which upset Grams, but only a little. Last stop was Hilgers for the side of beef. Adam surprised both Elders for paying for it as it was not cheap. They both were grateful, Adam and Xael let them know is was just another thank you and to show their appreciation.

That was enough for the day as they had bought a lot. Before the guys left the station, Adam; after getting permission from the council, had set up for two more officers from the next town to fill in for them till Monday. Xael was surprised that he had done that and that he was even able to. Skylar let her know that they did it all the time.  He also suggested that since the two of them now had the rest of the week off, to just stay out at the house since they had so much to do. The women could start on all the canning and setting up the pantry while he and Adam went hunting for a deer.  Xael was fine with that after she learned the Elders had 'aired' the house out.

Heading back to town, Xael and Adam chatted in the back while Skylar and Grams chatted up front.

"Hey do you think your Great-Grams will come to the cookout?"

"I'll ask her, she'll probably bring her pups over."

"That's fine! Since they're part of the pack my boys won't care."

"Okay, I'll have dad pick her up! She'll love to meet everyone!"

"Nice, I'm going to invite my other Grandparents also, I want them to meet everyone too!"

"Skylar? How's the truck handing?"

"Like a top! I can't thank you two enough for getting her fixed for me. I just never took the time to do it."