Coming Together

Adam was quick to settle into his new life of taking it easy. Before going to sleep and first thing in the morning, Adam gave Xael massages and healing energy. It helped her discomfort tremendously. Grams had gotten some shea butter and vitamin E oil with the apothecary order to make a whipped body butter for Xael to use. Since the pregnancy was progressing so quickly, Xael could use it to help with stretch marks and skin dryness.

With lodge coming up and not much for Adam or Skylar to do, Skylar wanted a bigger sweat lodge built in the same spot. Dentin had young willow all over his property that they could use so the three of them stayed busy with that. Grams had beading orders to work on and Xael just relaxed on the couch. The babies really did require a lot from her so she was constantly tired and slept more than she thought she would.

The Alphas got the new lodge erected and blessed in only a couple of days. They also cleaned the area around it and did some repairs to the outhouse.

The week leading up to lodge, Minh had fully moved to the reservation with the others helping with the transition. With his schooling finished, Minh wanted to take a couple of weeks to just relax and get settled into his new home. He still had his job at the hospital for now but was planning on leaving that as well but was going to enjoy the two weeks of vacation he had just taken. Him and Beau had planned on making things official after the lodge.

The day for lodge had arrived and Grandma's house was busy with activity. Adam had their grill brought over and the Alpha's came with plenty of meat to cook up. Xael was doing good enough that she was able to get the meat marinating and ready for the grill. While the Alphas got settled, Minh, Xael and Grams hung out at the kitchen table.

They three just sat and talked, later they would start on the side dishes for the meal. This lodge was similar to the last in that Skylar and Dentin had the young Alpha's work on stuff around the house and property then they gathered out back to talk about the lodge. For their downtime before it started, they just hung out and chatted. Adam of course had to check on Xael and Beau checked on Minh. Both the Omegas let their Alphas know they were fine.

Skylar and Dentin got the meat on the grill and Minh and Xael would keep an eye on it. Right at dusk, the Alphas headed back to the lodge. Side dishes done and meat cooking, the ladies went to rest in the living and continued their chatting. Xael, in true pregnant Omega fashion, laid down on the couch with her head on Minh's lap and fell asleep. He had quickly gotten used to Xael cuddling up to him and was gently rubbing her back as she slept, her purring ever so soft.

Minh talked to Grams about possibly opening up a small clinic in town. It would provide just basic care. Grams thought that was an excellent idea. The smaller towns didn't have anything like that and it would be valuable to have. Grams let it slip that Xael was a medic in the military and had been a paramedic. Minh would keep that in mind.

Right before the Alphas returned, Adam linked Xael, waking her up. Her and Minh got the meat off the grill and the table set. She quickly ate as she  could already tell the Alphas scents would be heightened due to the heat and that would irritate her. They got to the house, quicker than she expected so Grams suggested she go to the living room to finish eating, the Elder lit some sage by her to help mask the Alphas scents.

Adam was the first one inside after rinsing off in the outdoor shower; making a beeline to his Omega after he dressed. He found her sitting in the living room on the couch at the far end of it near the hearth. The smoke from the sage, wafting around her.

"Hey hon." Xael looked over to him and smiled.

"Hey babe. How you doing?"

"Good."